• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Are you single?

Are you single?

• Yes

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Elanor

Registered Member
I am single, and fairly happy with it. I have my own flat, I enjoy my own space and freedom. I think I am still single partly because I am set in my ways and nervous of someone else coming in and possibly changing that. I also don't want to be with someone for the sake of it.

I am quite happy to wait at the moment, if I meet a guy and something happens then great. I tried the 'eharmony' thing last year, I met 2 really lovely guys but there was not attraction and I didn't take things further.

Most people I know are quite positive about me being single in this day and age. Apparently I am still young with plenty of time.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've never heard anyone suggest that single people are 'weird' or that there are problems with them. I've seen a lot of single people suggest such things and honestly it sounds like they make it up to validate how they feel personally. I never understood it when I was single either, kind of like the Valentine's Day angst that people have.

"Oh for fuck's sake, look at all these couples being obvious about their relationships, it's so stupid!"

Yep, all those stupid people in love with one another. What assholes.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I think around my area the stigma is worse for a single woman than it is for a single man. My sister especially is always on my case about going out and meeting a man. What if I don't want to go meet someone? What if I *gasp* like being single? She's married with 2 kids and just thinks that I need to get married and start popping out babies.

I have mostly been unlucky with the people that I have had relationships with...but I am also just happy being single too. I have no qualms about living alone. I love having my apartment to myself. My other sister (I have 4 of them) cannot stand to be alone. Her boyfriend is currently gone on a fishing trip, and she has been over every night because she just can't stand sitting in a house by herself. I don't get it.

However, just because I'm single doesn't mean that I just get with whoever takes my fancy, either. Quite honestly these days it takes a lot for anyone to take my fancy. I've just been burned too many times and am a little pessimistic for romantic opportunities.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yes, I am single. Perfectly happy as of right now.

It's not that I'm not interested in girls, it's that the right one hasn't come along yet. There are several people in my life pressuring me to get involved in a relationship, but I really don't get it. I'm only 20 years old, I've got time and I will eventually find the right one. I don't really feel that need to have companionship at this point in my life. I haven't been really actively searching or anything but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open whenever I go places (including church, seeing friends, going to events, etc.)

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm single, and I'm happy being single right now, although I have gotten to the stage where I would like to meet someone. I have trouble meeting people because I don't drink, and I hate going to clubs, bars, lounges etc.

I just feel uncomfortable in those places almost all the time. My friends always tell me that to meet people I need to go to gay bars and gay clubs. I REALLY don't like to do that. So I've decided to do it my way instead. From the suggestion of Smel actually I recently joined and online dating site and have already been receiving a few messages online from girls in my area.

Going out to pubs, bars etc? That's not for me. But talking to people online. I can do that and I feel comfortable doing it. Some of the girls I've met seem really cool too. Thanks Smel!

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, I'm single and I really hate it some times. It's tough since my brother is married and as a kid.

Some of you may not think I'm looking because of the lifestyle I live, but that couldn't be further than the truth. It's tough to find someone these days, and some reason I'm so damn picky. I'm trying to change that.

Hopefully ill find someone soon. I would love to settle down and eventually start a family.

Danno

Registered Member
Yes, I am single. It's partly by choice, and partly because girls just aren't into me. (Seriously, the only people who ever find me attractive are guys.)
Yeah, same.

Yes, I'm single. I prefer to use the term 'Single as Fuck'

I dunno, I've had two real relationships in my life. The first girl I fell in love with and had my heart ripped out. The second, well the less said about her in the end the better.

I'm now 24 years old, I still have strong feelings towards the first girl I mentioned, but as some people here may know she ended up recently getting pregnant (She's now had the baby by the way), but yeah, I'm not ready to have another go at all that kinda stuff now for quite a while.

I think it's important to sort other aspects of my life out first before getting involved with a girl seriously.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I am single and have been for around five years now,I have not really looked for a relationship in that time as I have concentrated on my raising my kids.
I have recently started to venture out to pubs on a regular basis and meeting new people, and I admit a few people have found it strange that I have chosen to remain single all that time.

A couple of these new friends have offered to set me up but I have declined, I am happy being on my own at the moment.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
As of right now, I am single. I'm actually happy about it because I have all the time in the world to prepare for my future by starting a business and try to find my own place to live.