• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Are you single?

Are you single?

• Yes

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I know this is a very blunt very upfront question but I think we are all mature enough to discuss this. I will keep the poll closed so that all voting is secret between you and your vote.

The reason for the vote and indeed this topic is there still seems to be a certain stigma in modern day society that if you are single there is something wrong with you. Now it is true that in an age where fuck buddies, one night stands, friends with benefits etc etc it may be seen that it is not so bad being single. But what I have seen from some couple is almost this imposing position of "oh you are single? you will find someone I am sure", gee, thanks for that. I also let is slip that I was on a dating website when my friend Carly asked why I was on it and that I should not be, apparently she is now determined to set me up with someone...

But back to the question, are you single, if you are, are you single by choice or unlucky? Do you enjoy being single and basically being free to be with whoever takes your fancy? If you are in a relationship has there ever been a point you would like to be single again if only to have a fling? Would you ever have an open relationship?

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
No.

The whole time I was single, I didn't feel ready to be in a relationship. I wasn't too happy, mainly with myself, and if I don't like myself then I don't expect anyone else to.
Growing up, there was a lot of pressure to date. All my close friends have had quite a large number of boyfriends compared to me and I often got asked why I don't have one too. I chose to do my own thing instead of worry about it. Eventually, that is. It did used to get me down a lot in the beginning. Peer pressure really sucks.

That's not to say I was only single strictly because I wanted to be. I may have tried it out a suitable person came along. But by the time they did, I had already pledged allegiance to...wow this sentence was about to turn weird. Basically, I wanted to see how things went in the US last year. They went well :nod:

I think it's much more socially acceptable to be single these days. As far as I'm concerned, as long as one is happy then it's no big deal. If being in a relationship makes you happy then that's a slight problem of course.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I'm single. I actually haven't really experienced much of people trying to hook me up, although that may have to do with the people I hang out with (who are mostly also single). I've had a few people say they might try to find someone for me, but I'm pretty sure they just said it and never did anything about it.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I am single. Have been like this for all my life so far.

In the past it was a choice but not anymore. At least not for the last year.
In the past I was more focused on my studies and guys at my age back then were very immature. I also thought it was too soon to be in a relationship as I've always been looking for something more serious, unlike my friends who got into relationships out of trend or just to pass the time.
I've never been (nor am) an ONS type or FWB type, so these are not options for me. Every offer or advance has been automatically rejected because that's not what I'm looking out of a relationship.

I don't care about age or year. Everyone has their own principles and morals, apart from the year we live in. I dislike it when people say 'hey we're in 2013...'
so what? Does it mean my character and personality will change every year, depending on the trend? No, that's not how it works for me.

The reason I'm single? I can think of 2 right away:

a- I'm too picky - especially with Albanian guys.
I seem to get more along with foreign guys than with Albanian ones.

b- The lack of mutual attraction.
Everytime someone was into me, I wasn't into them and everytime I was into someone, they weren't into me at the same time. (you can call this "bad luck") lol

There is a LOT of pressure from society. It bothers me most of the time but the choices I make are more important than what others think.
If someone will judge me because of my singleness or virginity then they are not worthy to be with, in the first place.

Bliss

Sally Twit
As of today, yes.
We mutually decided that it wasn't... Jokes! Did I scare you?

We're approaching the 12 year mark and I have never once wished I was single. My life completely changed for the better when we met. We have pretty much grown up together and been there through the good and the bad. He is my best friend as well as the person I know I'll grow old with.

As for an open relationship, fuck that! The thought of him with another woman makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't need or want anyone else.

Last edited:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I am single right now. I'm sure if I put myself out there I'd snag someone, but I'm not really at a place in my life right now where I could handle a relationship. I'm so used to being a bachelor haha. Also financially I'm just not stable, and I doubt there's anyone who'd have patience with that lol. Also I really need to get my own place. I'd hate to bring a girl over to where I am now. Its kinda awkward the living arrangements I have right now.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I am single. Have been like this for all my life so far.

In the past it was a choice but not anymore. At least not for the last year.
In the past I was more focused on my studies and guys at my age back then were very immature. I also thought it was too soon to be in a relationship as I've always been looking for something more serious, unlike my friends who got into relationships out of trend or just to pass the time.
I've never been (nor am) an ONS type or FWB type, so these are not options for me. Every offer or advance has been automatically rejected because that's not what I'm looking out of a relationship.

I don't care about age or year. Everyone has their own principles and morals, apart from the year we live in. I dislike it when people say 'hey we're in 2013...'
so what? Does it mean my character and personality will change every year, depending on the trend? No, that's not how it works for me.

The reason I'm single? I can think of 2 right away:

a- I'm too picky - especially with Albanian guys.
I seem to get more along with foreign guys than with Albanian ones.

b- The lack of mutual attraction.
Everytime someone was into me, I wasn't into them and everytime I was into someone, they weren't into me at the same time. (you can call this "bad luck") lol

There is a LOT of pressure from society. It bothers me most of the time but the choices I make are more important than what others think.
If someone will judge me because of my singleness or virginity then they are not worthy to be with, in the first place.
I seem to be the only good looking guy out of the whole Balkan area to have been produced in the last 200 years. :lol:

As of today, yes.
We mutually decided that it wasn't... Jokes! Did I scare you?

We're approaching the 12 year mark and I have never once wished I was single. My life completely changed for the better when we met. We have pretty much grown up together and been there through the good and the bad. He is my best friend as well as the person I know I'll grow old with.

As for an open relationship, fuck that! The thought of him with another woman makes me feel sick to my stomach. I don't need or want anyone else.
Yeah, right! Would have been a whole different shit storm on General Forum had that happened!

I am not single, I have been in a relationship for almost 4 years now and I think that's fairly long for someone with such a past that consisted of one night stands, friends with benefits, etc so I am pretty proud of myself that I have managed to stay in a relationship this long.

Open relationship won't be able to work because we are both jealous type. I mean, I freak out when some guy looks at her.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not single.

I never let the times where I was single bring me down but I wasn't pressured all that much anyway. It was actually my Mom who pressured me the most lol. I guess I was lucky that nobody pressured me all that much? I've always been my own person and usually, especially when growing up, whenever people tried to tell me what I should be doing I would do the opposite haha. But anyway, I never worried and whatever happened would happen for the right reasons. I wasn't looking for a relationship with Rebecca...sometimes that's the best way to do it...just let it happen.

I would never be in an open relationship either.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I am single, and I have been for a long time. It hasn't been by choice as I've always been a relationship oriented guy. I had some hookups (not sex) in my early-mid twenties, but other than that nothing's been going on. A lot of times i blame my health because it kept me down a lot. Now that I'm mostly healthy and working vs. having surgeries, being on dialysis, and busy with school I keep hoping I'll meet a good girl and be in a relationship. I don't let it get me down too much though because i know something is bound to happen when I get myself out there more. I'm my own worst enemy in regards to that. My main focus isn't on societal pressures or expectations, but more on me being happy. I've always wanted to get married and become a dad, and someday I intend to make it happen.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Yes, I am single. It's partly by choice, and partly because girls just aren't into me. (Seriously, the only people who ever find me attractive are guys.)

The choice part can be broken down into several factors. I'm at a point in my life where I enjoy the way I have things. It's not that I don't want a girlfriend, I just don't need one to be happy. But I also stay realistic; I don't go to bars to find girls (most of my usual haunts are gay bars) because that isn't the kind of girl I'd want. But that does kinda narrow it down somewhat.

I also seem to be one of the few people in the world that values personality over looks. Girls never take the time to get to know me and instead judge me by looks first. :dunno:

Another thing is that I'd prefer a long-term relationship, and that isn't necessarily feasible given my preference of career futures. I'm planning on joining the Army as a front line medic (if possible; already heading down the paramedic pathway) and it wouldn't be fair to me or a girl if I'm successful in that.

I have felt some pressure on it. People find it odd that I remain single for so long, but I really don't think it's so strange. If I find the right girl for me, so be it. If not then that's okay too. And as for an open relationship, no, not if I wanted it to last and be serious. That might work for some, but I'd rather commit to one person and have them do the same for me. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. ;)