• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are you passionate?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Would you consider yourself a passionate person? Having strong emotions, feelings, desire for something/someone? Or are your feelings just consistent, but not exactly intense?

If you are, how do you handle it so it doesn't affect you negatively? For example, investing yourself too much on something, draining yourself, setting yourself for a more painful fall (the more passionate you are about it, the more chance little disappointments can hurt you).

I am a passionate person. Sometimes I'm even "all or nothing" type (either I give you my all or you don't get anything). My intense side makes me feel more alive.:nod: But I'm trying to spread my energy to keep my sanity and avoid obsessing about little disappointments that could hurt me. I need to back down sometimes. Take a break.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
yeah, I'm thinking I'm a little too passionate about everything. I let things get to me. I invest my soul in something, often only to be disappointed by the people who pledged to help me, but don't share my "enthusiasm", or by people in a different sense...most of the time by myself and the shortcomings I try desperately to control but fail to anyways.

how do I handle it so it doesn't affect me negatively?

I wish I knew, honey...I wish I knew. I think that's just part of feeling everything fully. everything becomes a vice at some point.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I'm passionate about anything that really means something to me. If there's something I really want I tend to focus on it constantly.
I don't think it's a negative thing, in fact I think it helps me reach my goals quicker.

Corona

Registered Member
I'm very passionate about some things, but in general I come off a little cold.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
yeah, I'm thinking I'm a little too passionate about everything. I let things get to me. I invest my soul in something, often only to be disappointed by the people who pledged to help me, but don't share my "enthusiasm", or by people in a different sense...most of the time by myself and the shortcomings I try desperately to control but fail to anyways.
Happens to me too. I'm thinking, "Am I the only one who cares?!!!"

And sometimes my frustration will just make me drop everything...just to make people put minimum interest on matters.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Yes, I am. I get really into something and invest everything I can.
I take failure very personally and tend to get those painful falls a lot... I've been trying to fix that though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Would you consider yourself a passionate person? Having strong emotions, feelings, desire for something/someone? Or are your feelings just consistent, but not exactly intense?
I have very intense emotions that I don't try to control at all. I don't see the point in trying to suppress my natural feelings.

If you are, how do you handle it so it doesn't affect you negatively?
Of all of my emotions, anger is the easiest for me to deal with. I turn most of my negative emotions to anger and use my (healthy) vents to release the anger and deal with the issues.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm an extremely passionate person. I get very invested emotionally in the things that I love. The disappointments can be devastating, but the successes are incredible.