Are you lucky

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xeilo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you find that you have more luck than others or that you have had a lot of luck in your life? Or the total opposite?

I was reading this weird news story

Woman killed by husband's coffin

And it got me thinking, I have had a lot of good luck in my life, not all the time but a lot, saved my life a few times as well lol.

So discuss some stories of your luck or no luck, and do you get it often?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

When I was younger I was pretty lucky, when there was a draw for a prize at school or at a sporting event I usually won the big prize. But now and days it's much different, I buy a few lottery tickets and I never win.

So I guess I would say my luck is average, not great, but not bad either.

3. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I used to think I was lucky but my luck has definitely turned over the last couple of years so I'm begining to think not.

Although people do say that luck evens itself out over a life time.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

It's alright, it has its ups and downs, but I can manage with it.

5. gmanlink

gmanlink Registered Member

I don't believe in luck.
    It's purely based on probability if you think about it.
    Using logic, you can perceive what the chances are for a specific event happening. If a highly improbably event manages to occur, its completely normal. I'm in a College Statistics class (actually AP statistics in high school)
    and such rare events occurring are perfectly normal.
    One could say it was coincidence. I would agree because you could have over a million trials and still not receive that rare result.

:-/

6. Wednesday

Wednesday Registered Member

Simple as...NO. Far from it...id say i was more unlucky, but i cant moan about it, there will always be someone somewhere in a worse position than me.

Make the most with what you have

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I was lucky until I got married. It interrupted the entire balance.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't believe certain people have better luck in their lives than others, I think its just coinsidences if you get (un)lucky a lot over a certain period of time.
    Sure though there are things that influence how lucky we think we are and we don't even realise it, so put it down to luck when infact it was more likely anyways. Ok that was such bad explaining cos I can't think of an example to use and I have to go :lol:.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't believe in luck. I think some people put too much faith in "luck" just because a lot of good or bad things happen to them.

If I had to decide if I was lucky though I'd say I'm probably average. Not too lucky but not too unlucky either.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I wouldn't say I'm really lucky. Like I'll win on scratch tickets and might get $20 bucks on a Powerball once in a while, but over all not really.