Are you jealous?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When your in a relationship are you a jealous person?

Lets say your a guy, and your girlfriend is talking to a guy that she doesn't even know at a bar, would you be jealous, or you'd say to yourself she's just having fun. She's just talking, not doing anything that would be considered as cheating.

Same thing if your a girl and your dating a guy.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's always easy to get a bit jealous but I try not to. Both my girlfriend and I have done it before but then again we love each other and we don't want to lose each other.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I get very jealous sometimes. I am not obsessive or anything like that but jealousy is good in a relationship. It makes the other partner feel special I think.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I have gotten irritated about a lot of other things with girls I have dated...But I can't say the green monster has really reared its head...I mean...even when the girls I was seeing were talking to other guys it never bothered me. Then again I probably should have been more aware on many circumstances.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I get very jealous sometimes. I am not obsessive or anything like that but jealousy is good in a relationship. It makes the other partner feel special I think.
Yeah I won't lie, it does make you feel a bit special in an odd way. Knowing that your partner is jealous is basically a way of saying how badly they want you and that they don't want to lose you.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
Yeah I won't lie, it does make you feel a bit special in an odd way. Knowing that your partner is jealous is basically a way of saying how badly they want you and that they don't want to lose you.

I wish they all thought like you, Cons.

I'm a very jealous person. And I think sometimes I take something that is completely innocent and make it seem like something worse. :-/ And then... I freak out. But then again, there are times that I'm not wrong about it being something bad and I have every right to freak out. :D

Bliss

Sally Twit
I wish they all thought like you, Cons.

I'm a very jealous person. And I think sometimes I take something that is completely innocent and make it seem like something worse. :-/ And then... I freak out. But then again, there are times that I'm not wrong about it being something bad and I have every right to freak out. :D
Freaking out is never good because then your partner will question your trust. The best way to handle jealousy is to tell your partner how you're feeling so that they can cheer you up. The chances are there would be nothing to worry about and you would need a little nudge from your partner to remember that.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
When your in a relationship are you a jealous person?

Lets say your a guy, and your girlfriend is talking to a guy that she doesn't even know at a bar, would you be jealous, or you'd say to yourself she's just having fun. She's just talking, not doing anything that would be considered as cheating.

Same thing if your a girl and your dating a guy.

Thoughts?

In that scenario, I'd probably be talking to a random guy myself :lol: just because my husband and I have no problems about this. We'll even talk about it later or ask each other to join the conversation with the stranger.

The only time I got really jealous was with my ex but his actions made me insecure (showing more special attention to others, hiding things from me, making me feel out of the loop). So it wasn't surprising when I have become less comfortable when he talks to the opposite sex that excludes me.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Jealousy builds relationships, it builds trust, and I suppose you can say love as well..because when your significant one is jealous, means she/he doesn't want to lose you and of course loves you.

I use jealousy to prove my love to someone else..that I want to be with that person..and I also take a act of jealous from a girl..because I can see that she is proving her love to me..

But when someone is really JEALOUS like my ex, like stalkerish type jealous, they don't even want you talking to any other girl especially at school..I find that hard because most of the girls in my year level are my friends and we talk everyday..and it was just fucked up.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Jealousy builds relationships, it builds trust, and I suppose you can say love as well..because when your significant one is jealous, means she/he doesn't want to lose you and of course loves you.
I find it to be the opposite. Jealousy ruins relationships. In itself, it cannot build trust because it's one of the manifestations of the lack of trust and confidence you have in your relationship. However, I'm willing to concede that jealous attacks can be used to open communication lines on important things between you and your partner. Depending on how you handle this communication, you either understand each others' needs/feelings more to improve your relationship or it could build more distrust, resentment and disagreement about how your relationship stands or should be.