Are you happy with what you've done....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Are you happy with what you've done in your life so far? Do you wish you've done more things to have a more exciting life?

Personally I love what I've done so far with my life. I've had so many great memories so far, that when I get older I can think about them and realise how much fun I've had when I was younger.

I know there's some things that I could of done that would make my life more exciting, but I'm happy with what I've been through and seen so far.

Thoughts?

2. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

My life hasn't been too bad so far. The only issue I have is that I have to many regrets, and find it hard to leave things in the past, where they belong.

3. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Ditto Atreyu. Apart from that I think I am happy but (hopefully) I've got a long way to go before I'll need to think about how happy I am with everything. I have high hopes for the future and if I don't get to live it, well that would be my biggest regret of all.

4. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Yea, I'm happy with where things are at. I really can't imagine if they were different. Yea, some choices could have possibly been made better, but I certainly am not going to spend my time worrying about "what if?".

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I try to fill my days with things that make me happy, so I'd say yes..so far, so good.:)

6. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

there are certain things I've done that I am very happy with. little things, tiny victories here and there. I started a webcomic. I wrote a musical, and I'm working towards finishing my second. little things like that.

I think I may have said this in another thread, but the major detractions to my life are things that are out of my control. I mean sure, sometimes I look back and think there's GOT to be something I could have done differently to make things work in my favor...but its easier and less painful to blame it on fate.

fuck.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

When I look at my past, I've had regrets on how I lived some part of it. But I have learned from those mistakes and it helped me live my life better in the present.

I think I managed to make most of what I had to work with. I never blamed others for some failures I had. If I have to live my life again, I'd probaby make the same choices. Or maybe I will adjust certain timelines to allow for PhD studies and conservatory training prior to settling down. I think those, even if not exactly a necessity for me, would have been fun to do.

Anyway, I could say I'm generally happy. :)

8. Corona

Corona Registered Member

No, not really. I haven't done much in my life. I've had a pretty good time, but I haven't accomplished much.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I haven't gotten a lot done yet and I don't like it. But I'm still in school, so I sort of have an excuse at the moment.

10. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

This question is probably more suited for the retired or elderly if you're looking for a more definitive and final answer. However it's interesting to read what those will answer now and look back upon later to see what and how has changed among them.

I'm fairly sure my answer right now and will always be no, I'm not... Because I feel like I always could have done better in many aspects. Funny how I only feel that way when it's in retrospect.

I'd discourage pining over the past but it would render me hypocritical in the least. For some strange auspicious reason I feel that it helps me to an extent, though painful at times. Not in any sense of predicting the future, I invest little to no faith in that but merely to construct upon my actions in very particular situations in preparation in case any like that should come again and it's like preparing for the next cold war. Not in a million years.