• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are you close to your family?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love my parents but I would not say that I’m really close to them. At times I’ll go three weeks to a month without talking to them. I am really close to my brother(twin) I talk to him about every day in one way or another, and I see him a few times a week. I don’t have any really close uncles or aunts, and I love my grandparents, but I don’t see them very often. Love my niece and nephew to death, though.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'd say that I'm very close to certain family members. I'm very close to my mother but not necessarily as much with my dad (no issues or anything). I'm close to my 2 brothers and even though my nephew isn't my biological nephew, I love that kid like he actually was. I'm closer to several of my cousins and some of them even share some of my friends as well since we pretty much hang around together every time.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm very close to my family. I visit my parents at least twice a week, usually for dinner on Wednesday and breakfast on Sunday. It's not just for the free meals lol. We get along really well, and since my parents are in their mid-seventies it's really important to me that I spend time with them.

I have three older brothers, one of which who lives out of town (only about a 4 hour drive away). I'm close with all of them, and have nieces through them as well who are now 10, 8, and 2. Spending time with those girls is something that I enjoy more than going to the bar with friends or going on a date haha. Sappy but true. I'm glad that I'm close with those girls. The two year old is my Goddaughter as well, which is pretty special to me.

As far as my extended family, I don't see them very often compared to when I was a kid. Most of my cousins are adults and families have just branched out naturally.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I see my son a couple of times a week, so we are really close. However other family members I don't see much. We do talk on the phone occasionally but that is about it anymore. Use to hang out with my cousins but we have all grown up and went our own way.

I should go see my favorite uncle, he is getting old and I don't want the next time I see him to be at his funeral. When I was a kid he would take me hunting with him and when older he would go see a movie with me when I didn't want to go alone.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am close with pretty much everyone in my family. I love my mum, dad and sister to bits. We've always spent lots of time together.
My mamma (grandma) and great uncle are the oldest members of the family and everyone adores them. They're both so funny and full of life. My mamma is 88 years old, lives alone and acts like a teenager. She is incredible. She has a few problems with aches and pains, but other than that she is a trooper.

I don't see my aunts, uncles and cousins all that much, but when we do get together we always have a laugh. They're a special bunch.
One of my cousins died when he was 22 and his mum and dad were never the same after that, as I'm sure you can imagine. When it happened it devastated the entire family, but it also taught us to value everyone as well. You never know what is going to happen.

In March this year my sister's dream finally came true - she gave birth to my twin nephews! They are the best thing that's ever happened to us as a family. My sister and her boyfriend went through a lot to get them here.
The boys absolutely fascinate me. They have such wonderful personalities already. They are always smiling and laughing. I am really looking forward to watching them grow up. I have a feeling we are going to be very close.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm very close to my family. Besides my boyfriend, my sister is the person I talk to most often. I see my mom usually a few times a week because some mornings when I have an early class, she takes my daughter to school for me. I have a cousin who I talk to almost every day and we live in the same neighborhood. The rest of my extended family are all very close too, even though we're not geographically close and don't talk to each other every day. I feel very fortunate to have a family that is close, even though we're all batshit crazy, and I feel sorry for people who aren't close to their families.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm really close to a few of family members. My mom is one of my favorite people. She's the one I go to for advice and just to vent. We see each other a few times a week and talk through FB/text the rest. My uncle is really important to me. We try to get together at least once a month to watch movies in his little theater room. One of my aunt's on my mom's side is another one I try to stay in contact with. My sister, for sure. It's been a little harder to keep in touch since she's moved to Japan. Huge time differences suck, but she should be back in the states soon. I have other family members that I like and try to make an effort to keep in touch with... but those are the main ones.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I feel very fortunate to have a family that is close, even though we're all batshit crazy, and I feel sorry for people who aren't close to their families.
hmm... "batshit crazy"... That's harder than you think. Me-thinks I found a term being recklessly thrown around.

It's hard to be close with those kinds of people, if they really do fit that term.