Are You Appreciative?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Apr 26, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

My parents have been away for a week now and are due to return tomorrow morning. I've been having to do the house work and tasks that my parents, particularly my mother, would normally do.

I've learnt from the last week how tough it can be and that I shouldn't take what they do for granted. From now on I'm definitely going to be more appreciative of what people do for me.

How about you, do you take people for granted and does it take a wake up call for you to be more appreciative.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I appreciate everything my mother does for me, it's more then I can ask for. I do a lot of stuff for myself, but she does tons of stuff for me. I tell her thanks all the time though, and I do tell her that I appreciate everything she does for me.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I appreciate my parents a heck of a lot. I realised when I moved out that I took them for granted and felt guilty when I had to do certain things for myself that they would usually do. Cooking my own meals, cleaning the house, washing etc.. I really do appreciate them and it made me realise I did take them and others for granted.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I think it was around my sophomore year of high school that I realized just how much my mom and dad did for me, so I try to make sure I don't take anything for granted. That feeling has grown by leaps and bounds after living in college apartments for the past three years. I really miss having a spotless place to live.

5. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I feel so bad sometimes when I have to ask someone for help, so even with the smallest tasks which I ask someone to do for me I tell them that I appreciate their help/effort.

6. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

Yeah I am on my own this week with my 4 kids as my wife is visiting her parents who live at the other end of the Country. My older 2 have helped with housework and other such things and I let them know how much I appreciated the help by giving them some spending money.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I appreciate what my parents and what other people do for me.

I always help out round the house and do my bit when I can, and I try and return favours for people.
    When I moved out I realised how much I apprecitated my parents and all that they do.

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

If not for my parents I wouldn't be half the person I am today. They still give and give and give and dont ask for much of anything in return.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

While I'm appreciative, it doesn't appear that I had as much help as everyone else seems to have. I had to work, I had to earn my own money and buy my own vehicle/insurance.

I did all the laundry in the household and cooked dinner for everyone starting from when I was 14. I was happy to do it for them, because both of my parents had full time jobs...but I've always pretty much taken care of myself and my family.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Normally, I'd consider myself appreciative. But there are times, when things happen and I realise I'm not as appreciative as I thought I was.