Are you a romance hog?

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by AngelsPeak, Jul 18, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Do you prefer a relationship full of mush and goo, or one where you don't need constant declarations of love and romance?

My neighbor and her husband are mushy to the point of making me nauseous at times. She calls him honey buns, sweetie pie and is alway hugging him.:urp:

I don't mind a little romance, but anything over the top just makes me uncomfortable.

2. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

Nothing over the top for me either.

I think plain respect and admiration are great and go far. Too much mushy stuff makes it seem fake to me.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never been mushy but I am with my bf, we just are it's not forced or anything, that's just the way we are. not in front of people though, just when we're alone together.

4. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

I wouldn't call it 'false', different people have different ways of expressing themselves and some people act out by being what we'd consider 'lubby'. I don't see a problem with it as long as they can stay off each other while we're out in public.

That's basically where I stand. In public I consciously refrain from getting too close to her too often for the fact that I know how obnoxious it is. She, on the other hand, doesn't have that filter and I have to kind of give her a wag of the finger every once in a while. In private,though, we are rather 'mushy' with each other just because it makes us feel both good.

5. Skylar

Skylar Keepin' It Real

I do agree with you, I probly should have added those parts.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Yes, it's those over-zealous public displays that irritate me.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm a PDAer...but yes, there are some things that are better said and done when you don't have an audience for it, otherwise you risk to disgust people and make them feel uncomfortable.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I love hugging my boyfriend. We do have little pet names for each other but nothing too mushy. We do keep it private but I am a sucker for romance. I used to think it was too much when it was other people but for some reason I love it when it's me.

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm bad like that, but not that extreme.

I understand my girlfriend is different and that was difficult to get used to, but it works.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Different how?