Are you a hugging kinda person?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Do you like hugging people? Is it something you do on a regular basis?

Do you hug people when they feel upset, or when they are happy about something?

Maybe you're not such a hugging kinda person and would rather just give them a pat on the back?
Are you the person that always initiates hugs?

I'm not much of a hugging person myself. I would rather pat them on the back as a "Well done". I wouldnt say I hug people on a regualr basis because there is not that much need for it. I will give someone a hug if they feel upset to try and make them feel better, but generally I feel slightly uncomfortable about hugging someone.
I'm not usually the one that initiates hugs, it's usually other people.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'm definitely a hugger. Whether it be for hello, goodbye, out of happiness or in times of sadness. I pretty much hug everyone in all occasions really.

I've been told i 'give good hugs' which i guess is a nice talent to have! :D

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Do you like hugging people? Is it something you do on a regular basis?
No. I despise hugging. Needless touching for no reason. :stare:

Do you hug people when they feel upset, or when they are happy about something?
Only if they force me to.

Maybe you're not such a hugging kinda person and would rather just give them a pat on the back?
I'd rather not do anything. Maybe a "Well done"?

Are you the person that always initiates hugs?

Hell no. I'll abide one occassionally, but I never 'enjoy' them, as such, and I'll never initiate one. :lol:

Nah I actually do like hugging people. I mean it depends on the person whether I hug them when they are happy or sad or both. For the most part though, I hug people, it's true. Personal contact is a great way of showing people you care or that you're even listening.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yes. I also sometimes hug for no special reason at all. It's fun and it feels good, for me. I reserve it to my close friends and family though. I even own a book called Hug Therapy. :hah:

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I hug my wife on a regular basis and hug others only as needed. I'm really not much of a hugging person.

I remember the job I worked on back in 1993 I lost a bet with my co-workers and as a result I had to submit to being hugged whenever somebody wanted to give me one. I learned to tolerate hugs but that's about it.

When I think about this I think about how my best mate used to always complain that I never hug her back properly :lol: I guess I'm not really a casual hugger. I never initiate hugs. If someone needs congratulating or is upset then I'm more of a verbal comforter. If my mum has been away on business for weeks and I've missed her then I'll give her a hug.

I dunno really, theres not many people I can think of right now that I'd want to hug, haha... :-/

Bliss

Sally Twit
I love hugging people and I love to be hugged. I will hug people if they're happy, sad, angry.. Even if I just want to say hello. I don't hug EVERYONE but I will hug someone if they need to be hugged.
I love it when my boyfriend hugs me!

ancredelamour

Registered Member
i LOVE hugging people, hugs are my favouritest thing on the whole entire planet. when i was in grade 3, my teacher kept me in one lunch recess [you remember, thats the long recess] to teach me how hugs arent always appropriate and i should keep them to myself! so now i always long for hugs, but only give them out when need be.