• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are you a good negotiator?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Are you good at bargaining with others or are you a push over when it comes to arguing or business?

Do you often come out on top?

I'd like to think I stand my ground and get my point across in an argument. When it comes to business I'm still a rookie so I often have to think on my feet.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I'm pretty good at sweet talking, yes. It's especially easy if you don't just jump into it. Talk to them for a little bit, then work your magic. That's my technique, anyway.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm usually diplomatic. My objective is not to come out on top but to reach a point of agreement.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I use to think I was pretty good at getting my way, then I started talking to Echoes. He beats me with logic everytime.

When it comes to work, I'd say I'm pretty effective at closing the deal. It's all about finding a way of selling a policy to someone who doesn't need it, and really can't afford it to begin with.

Good times.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm like ysabel. I try to reach an agreement. Unless I'm negotiating with Angels. Then it's all about winning, and like she said, I usually beat her.

viLky

ykLiv
I use the pity technique; look so pathetic and sad that people pity me and give a good deal. Usually, the person will give me a good deal or we'll compromise somewhat.

agphoenix

Everything goes.
In business: very much so
In relationships: somewhat
With family: not at all

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It depends what I negotiating, but most of the time I get what I want because I talk myself into it. I'm quick on my feet, so if someone throws a curveball at me, which he thinks I won't be ready for, I'm quick to responce, which shocks them a lot.

Syndicate

Chirp Chirp
No, but my tommy gun is. Pew, pew, pew.

I'd say I'm good at negotiating (disagree, tommy's itchin'). A smile and a few choice words can work wonders. I never use threats or intimidation though. Pure pursuation. If words fail, sulking is definitely a good fall back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 10