Are you a clean freak??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Feb 18, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I've always been a person who needs his things to be clean, and now with my house I can't stand seeing a part of it dirty for more then one day. Some people say I'm a clean freak due to this. I was wondering if you were a clean freak or you are pretty leniant on things being dirty and leave it be until it can't anymore.

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

haha, I can relate entirely. However, I've always been like this, even when I was living back home with my parents.:shifteyes::embarassed:

...Too bad we don't have a clean-freak smilie to post.:lol:

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

No. I'm not a clean freak. I like to keep things clean but I'm not obsessed about it.
    There I days where I live in the middle of dirtiness because I have no time to do the house-chores....

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Definitely not, I hate cleaning with a passion and I avoid if I can. I'll clean if I really need too, but if I can avoid it I definitely will.

Sometimes I see no reason to clean either.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I love having things clean, but I'm very lenient on it due to laziness or just not being bothered much. It's a preference that doesn't need to be met, much as I like it.

So no, I'm not. But if I'm in the mood for a good clean then doing so makes me feel better. I'm more of a tidy person than clean, my room looks kinda minimalist because most things are in place and neat and I can't really concentrate on work if it's not like that, but then, my carpet is in desperate need of a vacuum and my desk is a pretty dusty over in the corner.

6. EllyDicious

I wonder how you two live under the same roof !!:shifteyes:

lol ...

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Umm no. Although I'm not a slob, I don't feel a constant need to clean. I watched what that obsession did to my mother and refuse to be the same way. I have no problem leaving my bed unmade or the dinner dishes until the next day. There are much more important things in life than worrying about a few misplaced items.

8. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh I definitely do most of the work in that aspect lol. But I dont mind it very much because it's not that much work. I'm not an obsessive clean freak but I hate when things are dirty. Like my grand-ma always says "if you leave things dirty for a long period of time...when you come to clean it, it will be 10 times as hard to clean then it would been if you cleaned it right away". The thing that drives me insane the most about a dirty hous is a dirty countertop. It could be crumbs or junk papers...it just drives me nuts. I know it's weird but it's just a pet peeve of mine for some reason.

9. EllyDicious

no it's not that weird. haha ...:lol:
    that's what my mom tells me often. If I do a little bit of cleaning every day, It won't take me as much time and effort as it would if I cleaned it just once a month .
    She's definitely right ..

10. Sophella

Sophella Registered Member

I get told I am a clean freak but I really don't think I am. Ok, I like a clean and tidy house - but who doeasn't? I would never dream of letting any room in my house get dirty. The same goes for my desk at work, it is always tidy, organised and washed with anti-bacterial wipes. And I think personally I always like to look and be clean/tidy and groomed.

Hmmm....after reading that back I suddenly wonder if I am a clean freak...?