Are you a Bandwagon fan?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you a bandwagon fan, or do you cheer for your team when their losing and winning?

I cheer for my team if they win or they lose. I cannot stand bandwagon fans, I don't respect them when it comes to sports, and usually most of the bandwagon fans have no clue what there talking about when it comes to sports.

No offense if any of you are bandwagon fans, but I just can't stand them, they make me so angry.

Vegito728

Registered Member
There's not been a lot to get excited about the past few years here in MO but I still love my teams.

I watched every Rams game I could last year and even though we were not a very good team and were expected to lose every week I still watched, cheered and was disappointed when they lost.

Same goes for the Blues, Cardinals, Missouri Tigers(football) and even the Denver Nuggets.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm a Columbus Blue Jackets Fan..... The only Team in the NHL to have never made the Playoffs...

I'm a San Diego Chargers Fan..... I think they've won their division or conference like 14 some odd times and yet only have one Superbowl win to brag about...

I'm a San Diego Padres Fan...... Never won an MLB Pennant and only has like 5 division titles out of 40 years of being a recognized team...

lmao I have pretty shitty taste in sports franchises, :hah: definitely not a bandwagon fan.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
No one is really going to admit being a bandwagon fan.

In college hoops I follow a few key colleges I like UCONN, Wake Forest, Kansas, Xavier, and Villanova. But I will say I support teams I think can win it. So I will "Hop" from college team for the brackets. Its more like I want to see certain teams win because it affects my choices when filling out the brackets and gambling.

In other sports I have become a fan of other teams because of players on FF teams. I have always like my Browns as pathetic they have been. I am an Indy fan since I like Peyton Manning, and have become and Eagles fan because I have had a lot of their players on my FF team for years.

I dont consider myself a bandwagon fan. But when it comes to gambling, you can't let your fandom effect your decisons.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No one is really going to admit being a bandwagon fan.
Maybe in these forums yes, but not in real life, I know tons of people that are bandwagon fans, and aren't afraid to admit. That's one of the reasons why I hate my city hockey team. There full of bandwagon fans, and I cannot stand them.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Maybe in these forums yes, but not in real life, I know tons of people that are bandwagon fans, and aren't afraid to admit. That's one of the reasons why I hate my city hockey team. There full of bandwagon fans, and I cannot stand them.
How about over the past 5 years there have been tons of Patriots Bandwagon fans.

That irritated the hell out of me.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you on that one. Right after Brady won his first Superbowl ring and started to dominate the Sport and the league. People started jumping on the Patriots bandwagon, lets just say when he got injured this past season, I am sure a lot of people got off of it real quick.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was definitely a bandwagon Tampa Bay Rays fan this year...I won't lie haha.

But no, overall. I root for the Blues, Rams, Mizzou Tigers, and Cardinals. Granted there are other teams I root for in the major sports but I root for them regardless of how good they are.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
How about over the past 5 years there have been tons of Patriots Bandwagon fans.

That irritated the hell out of me.
You're telling me, I've been watching since Bledsoe was around (since I was about 10, so 12 years now) and it pisses me off not to see new fans, but to see the true bandwagon folks who only wear Patriots gear when they win. I wore my Brady jersey the day after they blew it against the Giants because I'm a fan. You won't see a bandwagon jackass do that.

It is a bit different with the Red Sox though because in New England, Sox fans are like NASCAR fans in the south or Soccer fans in Europe. It's something you're born into and thus, it's a part of you. It's not a hobby or pasttime, it's part of your life. The Sox will always be a part of my life because I grew up watching them. I sat at my first game (that I could remember) at 8 and loved it even though we got killed (14-2, Cleveland) but I got to see Mo Vaughn so I was thrilled.

Like I said, I have nothing against new fans, but if you're going to watch when they're winning, leave me alone.