Are Violent Video Games Preparing Kids For The Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigBob, Feb 27, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

:facepalm:

That's from The Onion, Bob. It's satire. Please tell me you knew that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Is everyone from Resident Evil supposed to come out of the ground and suddenly start eating everybody?

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

lol, yeah. I read the comments of everyone making fun of them but I figured it would at least be a decent discussion to have here.. with all the people bringing "Zombies" into half the discussions I read around here anymore.

5. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Actually, I think it's funny as hell:

When asked "what would you do if you knew the world was ending", a ton of people answer, "Oh, I'd just start blasting people with my shotgun. Cuz I can."

:stare: Yeah, right. Because you'd be the only one that had the idea, and you'd be the only one to survive it.

Just goes to show how deep the "invincible complex" actually goes.

6. ScottOnly

ScottOnly Registered Member

I sure hope so. BRING ON THE ZOMBIES BABY!

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

Oh thank god...i was watching that thinking it was fair dinkum...

i feel better now...wow...

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Not at all in my opinion. I'm sure most children playing video games are sane and play for fun, not to prepare themselves for something crazy.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

The Onion makes me laugh.

If I were to take the question seriously, I'd say no because I doubt the enemies would be as easy to kill in real life and the games about them probably give you a false sense of confidence that you can beat them right away.

10. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

:lol: If anything, my confidence would be stripped away, were I to use some of the enemies in Fallout 3 as a reference.... Those things can be scary tough.