Are These TV Commercials For Real ???

I saw 2 commercials on TV for the following web sites. . . . . . .

mycleanpc,com

maxmyspeed,com

And I am wondering if they are for real or a scam or what ???

Note: I used a comma on purpose just in case the sites were a scam and for safety reasons. ;)

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Yeah these sites are legit, but they are a ripoff, kind of like GeekSquad. Personally I wouldn't use these companies especially GeekSquad because they will more than likely fuck your computer up even more. I know from experience, that Geek Squad agents are not certified they are a bunch of idiots that google your problem and if they can't solve all they do is a clean install on your computer. I am pretty sure that these companies are the same way. If you have an issue with your computer, google it yourself and do it yourself.

I have no problems whatsoever with my computer I was just curious and something tells me those scans will find something wrong with your computer whether or not there is anything wrong with it at all then ask for $$$ to fix all the problems.
If you choose not to buy thier product then they leave an ad on your computer that pops up reminding you that you need those problems fixed so buy their software now :sigh:

Yeah these sites are legit, but they are a ripoff, kind of like GeekSquad. Personally I wouldn't use these companies especially GeekSquad because they will more than likely fuck your computer up even more. I know from experience, that Geek Squad agents are not certified they are a bunch of idiots that google your problem and if they can't solve all they do is a clean install on your computer. I am pretty sure that these companies are the same way. If you have an issue with your computer, google it yourself and do it yourself.
That's like saying if a plumber fucks up once they are all horrible and cannot be trusted.

I happen to be just leaving my Geek Squad employment after 2 years.

You cannot generalize around 8-10K people based on an individual experience with a single Precinct of 8-15 people, to do so is rather ignorant and irrational.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
That's like saying if a plumber fucks up once they are all horrible and cannot be trusted.

I happen to be just leaving my Geek Squad employment after 2 years.

You cannot generalize around 8-10K people based on an individual experience with a single Precinct of 8-15 people, to do so is rather ignorant and irrational.
I work for Geek Squad too. Congratulations on your departure. I know first hand how horrible our services are...we charge outragous prices for what we do, and honestly it is half ass because Best Buy only cares about there bottom dollar. I have been there for almost 2 years as well and yes I can make a fair assumption of Geek Squad. I can not though...make an assumption about the competition, some are good, but most are worse.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
People don't like Best Buy and Geek Squad because they take advantage of the uninformed consumer and they do it quite shamelessly. For example, this is something that the PS3 does automatically, but Best Buy offers it for a fee.