Are there people who don't smoke marijuana but support legalization of it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrbassline, Jun 6, 2009.

1. mrbassline

mrbassline Registered Member

I hear about the whole legalization issue all the time but the only people I know for sure that support it are stoners and I don't like them.

But are there any people who don't smoke it yet support legalization? Is such a thing even possible? If so, why? :confused:

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't smoke and haven't smoked (yet?) but I support the legalization mainly because it would save people from being killed by fillers and pesticides, allow taxation and thus, more help for the country, and because we already have drugs that are way worse that require less money and effort to get.

3. HappyFace

HappyFace Registered Member

I don't smoke it, well not anymore but it seems kind of silly that they would illegalise something that grows naturally upon the earth and besides Cigarettes and Alcohol have way more horrendous side affects then weed.

4. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I'm one. I don't smoke, and I support the legalization.

You asking why someone would do this. Well, I'm not gay, but I MORE than support gay marriage. Make sense now? ;)

5. HappyFace

Kind of like you never know where life will take you?

te he

6. NINnerd

There ARE some lovely ladies here. Haha.

But seriously, there are lots of things that don't personally affect me that I am passionate about. :)

7. HappyFace

I just believe that you can't honestly say that Marijuana is more dangerous the Guns, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Twilight Fandom and the oncoming Zombie Apocalypse.

I want the Government to cut the shit and just tell us why they wont legalise it, is it because it's incredibly hard to make money off of something like this since it can be grown and enjoyed thoroughly on your own?

8. NINnerd

LOL @ Twilight Fandom.

I think the original reason it was outlawed was because hemp was such a threat to cotton growers. And I think the government has just used scare tactics since then to keep it illegal. You know how much they hate to change anything, cause that means they were wrong about something. :lol:

9. HappyFace

I think it's like something I remember Chris Rock saying:

America wont make drugs legal because the best drugs aren't made by that America.

Now just replace America with whatever country you want that is incredibly uptight

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

I don't smoke but I support legalization just because I think its a proven waste of time and money trying to illegalize something that will keep existing and be used no matter what you do. Prohibition of liquor didn't work so what makes you think Prohibition of drugs will?