Are the Raptors a playoff team?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by StroShow, Jan 10, 2007.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

The Raptors are beating everyone's expectations so far. That's good and all, but can they make the playoffs in the weak Eastern Conference(I doubt they'll win the Atlantic because NJ will get better). I think they can make the playoffs by squeaking in maybe the 7th or 8 spot. They have the talent, they have the franchise player who can bring them there in Chris Bosh, and they finally have that true Point guard theý never had. They had a really bad schedule so far, but it's going to better till the end of the season now, and I beleive that they'll pull it off. What do you guys think?

2. shookem

shookem Guest

The schedule is certainly going to help, as is the progression of AB but it'll be a big stretch still.

I guess the Bucks could fall a lot in the next few weeks, which would make things easier but there's still too much season left for me to really be able to say if the Raps will make the postseason or not.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think the Raptors can make the playoffs but like CB mention they won't win the Atlantic they'll probably end up seventh or eight if they remain healthy. I am really hoping that they do make the playoffs, because it's been a few years since we havent seen them. I believe they have a great group of guys that like to play with each other, and they all get along. So all in all I believe this team is a playoff team.

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Guest

I think that they will possibly be able to make the playoffs. They defiently have a shot at winning the Titanic Division. If they don't win the Division then they could possibly get the 8th or 7th seed. Any team in the Atlantic Division has a shot at making the playoffs because of how unpredictable the division is. Except for Philly they definetly don't have a shot. Boston is a long shot.

5. StroShow

I think that the New Jersey Nets will bounce back from their horrible start and run away with the Atlantic. They always start off slow then go on a crazy winning streak. The key for the Raptors to make the playoffs is to put up a winning streak of their own. If they can get 5 or 6 wins in a row it would help a alot to make a playoff push. Also if we can win the Atlantic then that would be key, because we'd have home court advatange and that would help us a lot.

6. bargnani7

bargnani7 Guest

hey man have some pride to the raps chris bosh.

with the help of tj, bosh and bargnani and bc at gm position
    we will be in the playoffs

7. StroShow

I do have some pride, I just don't think that Bosh and Ford have enough of pressure experience to win the Atlantic. Like I said I think that will squeak in the playoffs, but we got to put up a big run of victories to achieve this goal. We've won two games in a row, but we got to find a way to beat Dallas sunday and keep this winning streak going to make this playoff push But if they want to beat them they got to play with more intensity then they had against the Bucks and Celtics. If we do build this winning streak then will get the eight or even the seventh playoff spot.

8. bargnani7

bargnani7 Guest

even though we dunt get 1st in the division we still have hope if the other eastern conference teams play like they do now.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We do have a chance of getting the seventh or eight seed in the eastern conference, but we got to keep on winning or else will slip to far away from those spots, and we don't want to slip so far. Were winning the games we should be winning right now, which is good but we got to win some games against some better teams aswell. Were doing good right now, but we can bet better.

10. cselby

cselby Guest

They are easily a playoff team, they have the Atlantic locked up pretty much, with the Nets struggling through injuries, the Knicks being inconsistent and Philly just sucking, along with Boston missing The Truth.