• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are the oceans going to die?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
IT was the silence that made this voyage different from all of those before it.
Not the absence of sound, exactly.
The wind still whipped the sails and whistled in the rigging. The waves still sloshed against the fibreglass hull.
And there were plenty of other noises: muffled thuds and bumps and scrapes as the boat knocked against pieces of debris.
What was missing was the cries of the seabirds which, on all previous similar voyages, had surrounded the boat.

The ocean is broken | Newcastle Herald
I can't imagine what it would be like to make this voyage and have all that garbage surrounding me, no birds or fish in sight. The only whale seen had a big tumor on it and he said the water off Japan messed up his paint on his boat. His story is alarming, then to know it would be more polluting to clean it up than leave it. How much more can our oceans take before they collapse?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The fish they eat out of the ocean could make them sick. In the story he talked about the only whale he saw had what looked like a big tumor on it and the water off the shore of Japan did something weird to the paint on his boat. Not to mention all the garbage and lack of fish and birds.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
A lot of people are in denial over this kind of issue. There are also a lot of people who simply don't care about the environment and what effect it will have not only on future generations, but our generation as well. I don't think they realize that the loss of one species can have a huge domino effect.