Movies Are the new Batman Movies Blasphemous?!

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by green8659, Jun 11, 2008.

1. green8659

green8659 Registered Member

Everyone around these parts seems to just love the new Batman movies with Christian Bale. I for one thought Batman Begins wasn't all that great. Although, it was definitely watchable even though Christian Bales mouth moves so weirdly I can't help but watch it in horror.

However, remaking the joker is ridiculous in my opinion. Tim Burton's Batman was perfect. [SIZE=-1]Jack Nicholson did an amazing job and there was no reason to go screwing it up. I know the average age here explains to an extent why everyone is just loving this but is there anyone out there as outraged as me about remaking the joker?!

(I know Hybrix will kill me for posting this...it may be the last post I make here I bid everyone farewell :D)
    [/SIZE]

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

No I want nothing to do with the new Bat movies..They have betrayed what the bat is all about..I think CB Sucks as Batman. The costuming sucks and the car Blows!
    The Bat doesn't kill or put the public in harms way and would never and i repeat NEVER shoot a cop car!

this new bat is just a lame rehash of a bad run of comics with poor plots and even poorer acting. These movies are not true to the bat.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

LOL! Actually I was a fan of the originals, the cartoon shows, and the comics. I know all about the original Joker versions.

They are going for a darker more realistic Batman with the new movies. I was originally expecting a crazy psychotic huge smiled Johnny Depp as the Joker but had to grow to like the idea of turning th Joker into a scared freak.

I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out. From what I've seen so far I think it's going to be a whole new type of Joker that we haven't seen before. Still a crazed maniac but a little less funny. I think a lot of people are going to be impressed.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Funny you mentioned the thing about CB's mouth. I had actually talked about that with my girlfriend the other day... seems like he uses his upper lip a whole lot more than a standard person would lol

As for the Joker remake, I dont mind. I was more of a fan of the Darker 90's version of the comic than the brighter cartooned earlier version from other eras. I do think that the "Dark Knight" movies seem like they've gotten a little touch from Todd McFarlane....and maybe thats why I like them so much. But I will give you this, the Jack Nicholson Joker was portrayed perfectly to match that movie. There was/is no other actor that can EVER do as good a job as Nicholson did in that movie. I'd also argue that Michael Keaton was the best version of Bruce Wayne out of all the colorful casting in the following movies.

However, These Dark Knight movies are different and I like them for that. No matter how perfect Nicholsons Joker was... it wouldnt fit in this grungy dark version of the Bat Chronicles. So the remake of the joker was something that had to be done to fit this style. I dont feel its blasphemous at all, but thats just my opinion.

5. Nightsurfer

Seen it and i think it was OK but a sad rehash of the Dark Knight Chronicles. It still looks like CB is trying to take a shit when he talks in the Bat suit. The plot was ok..Major holes. The bat gadgets sucked even worse in this one and the Bat Cycle was just ridiculous.

I wan to see them move the Bat forward into Batman Beyond. For those who never read that series it was quite dark and new elements were thrown into the story lines..I think those would be a better way to take the bat..

But this joke is a mix on JN joker and the 70's gay joke joker..I don't like it. i also think they could have done better on the casting. I'm not impressed with this one.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I didn't care at all for the original Batman movies actually. I did like Batman: TAS though.

I think Batman Begins was amazing and easily the best Superhero movie I have seen. ANd I have seen a lot of superhero movies. Most come off as completely cheesy, unrealistic (i mean superhuman powers aside), or terribly written.

I will say this I doubt the new Batman movie can live up to ALL the hype.

I would not say the new Batman movies are blasephmous. I think the persona of Batman is not lost or altered in the new movies... I think they did a good job of capturing realistically what Batman would be like in current society...Batman Forever was blasphemous...

7. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Much as I love the Batman character and the movies, the trailers for THE DARK KNIGHT have left me pretty unimpressed, to be honest. Heath Ledger's Joker looks too...greasy and dirty. I dunno, he just doesn't look like The Joker to me.

I thought BATMAN BEGINS was a great movie because finally we got a Batman movie that was...well, about Batman. But my favorite Batman movies are BATMAN RETURNS and BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM.

8. green8659

green8659 Registered Member

Thanks for the backup :)

9. Nightsurfer

I actually walked off the set of the last Batman movie..I felt so betrayed by what they were doing to the bat. I was on the original props team until i saw the car and took the time to read the script..Then I said Oh Hell no! So I did FF4 1 & 2 instead.

I understand wanting to go darker with the bat, but for the love of the gods follow the formula that has been laid out for ya..I still say they need to move into the future with the bat.. Get MK to play the old Bat now that would be a great flick.

I can also understand that this movie is meant to bring in new fans but it's a slap in the face fro true fans of the Bat.

10. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I wasn't a huge fan of Batman Begins either, which just reminded me Katie Holmes name belongs in the over rated actors thread with her husband. Anyway, that said, I think the sequel looks like it will be a lot better than the first one as they won't have to waste time with all the background stuff. Speaking of, I was unaware of all that secret society Asian monk stuff was apart of Batmans history. Truth to that in the comics, or was it something they just made up?

green8659 likes this.