• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are the Colts tanking?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wanted to have this discussion with you guys. Do you believe the Colts are tanking or are they just terrible without Peyton Manning?

The Colts haven't held a lead in eight games. Per Elias, the longest streak in one season since the 1943 Chicago Cardinals.

Colts notebook: Freeney reaches milestone by getting to quarterback | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

We all know that Andrew Luck will come out of this year's draft, we all know how much praise he's gotten in the last two years "best quarterback to come out of College since John Elway" but we all know that Peyton Manning has stated that he doesn't want the Colts to draft him.

What are your thoughts on the 0-13 start? They're really that bad or they're tanking?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It just proves how bad they are without Manning.

Without a strong leader and all those yards, they're an incomplete team.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I wouldn't say they are doing it on purpose.

Without Manning, they are nothing on offense, but man... their D is terrible. A good O is bearable if the D is good, but their defense is rage inducing.

Manning is a great leader and an even greater QB. With him in there they would have the lead in the division, even with a poopy defense. :lol:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's like I said in the Manning thread that I made...Peyton Manning could get MVP votes this year because it's obvious he means that much to the Colts.

They definitely are not tanking, they just suck without him.

BigBob

Registered Member
It's like I said in the Manning thread that I made...Peyton Manning could get MVP votes this year because it's obvious he means that much to the Colts.

They definitely are not tanking, they just suck without him.
I agree. Having Manning automatically gives them at least 10-wins and a playoff berth. You say this about Manning, I say the same thing about Jon Beason for the Defensive MVP. I believe if Beason was there, this team would have a winning record. He ran that defense as good as most do.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I agree. Having Manning automatically gives them at least 10-wins and a playoff berth.
No. The offense could put up a bunch of points, but if the D cannot keep points off the scoreboard, they won't win. This Colts team would only have won 8 games total. I see no reason to say that ONE player can account for 9 more wins.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is this defense much different than the one from last year when Manning was the QB?

That's a legit question, I haven't been following them as closely as I used too.

I say that I don't know for sure but I'll still agree with Bob...this is a borderline playoff team with Peyton running the show.

BigBob

Registered Member
No, it's not much different then last years defense. Yes, they lost two key starters in Hayden and Bracket, but their corners have actually improved from last year and they have a star emerging at linebacker in Angerer. They also picked up Ernie Sims to fill the spot left by Bracket.

People tend to forget that the Colts have someone starting a quarterback that shouldn't even be on the practice squad of a team. They've got one of the top receivers to throw to in Wayne and two young receivers who have proven that once the Colts lose Wayne, they won't miss him that much in Garcon and Collie. Peyton Manning makes "no bodies" look like stars while the current quarterbacks couldn't make Jerry Rice look like a serviceable journey man.

Peyton Manning has and always will be that team, of course until Andrew Luck takes over.

Some people don't understand momentum which is exactly what Manning gave the defense. Going three and out constantly isn't exactly giving your defense much time to breathe or momentum. Even when Manning went three and out, he still gave the defense time to breathe with the way he controlled the offense. If you're telling a defender they have less then a minute to breathe after just getting off the field, GOOD LUCK stopping the other teams.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
So yeah... after beating 2 teams, I doubt they are tanking, in fact, they are tied for the 1st overall pick right now with 2 other teams (STL and MIN).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NFL 7
Millz NFL 22
Babe_Ruth NFL 3
Mirage NFL 40
Babe_Ruth NFL 3