• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are the Angels for Real?

OlTimeBaseball

Registered Member
I think the Angels are a good team but are they a great team? Is there rotation good enough? They are at the point, with Trout especially getting compared to Mantle and other All-Time players, where it is almost World Series or bust and they can't even run away from the Astros. I think they are good, I think they are good enough to win the division maybe, but I don't know if they are American League contenders much less World Series contenders. Thoughts?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe they have a good team. Their slash line(OBP/OPS/SLG) looks like this
.308/.392 /.699 - it's nothing to write home about, but it's still decent.

Team ERA of 3.66 and Jered Weaver hasn't even pitched all that well this season.

I don't believe they stand a chance of making the World Series, but I do believe they'll get at least a Wild Card spot.

And, in my opinion, if the season ended today, Mike Trout wins the AL MVP once again.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think as long as you have Trout and Pujols, you have a shot.

They wouldn't be my pick in the AL but they are good enough to make some noise.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
It only really takes a team that's close to the playoffs the right time to get hot. Key players on the Angels are hitting better and since the Mariners are being the dogs they are, all they have to do is get to the Rangers or just get into the second wild card.