• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are Soulmates Real?

NellyBell

Registered Member
Do you believe in soulmates? I think it's a poetic idea but doesn't seem to be all that realistic...at least the idea that there is only one out there for everyone. I could believe in the idea that we have multiple "soulmates", including friends. I guess I haven't heard from someone who really believes in the "one soulmate" concept since I was a teenager (excluding my parents). So I'm curious if anyone is a believer.

Impaired

Registered Member
I think the term is overused.

I was in love when I was young. Later, it turns out that not only was I not in love, I didn't love myself.

Later I met a woman who taught me to love myself. Then I could love another. Truly.

Then you can find somebody you would take a bullet for without question. Is that a soul mate?

I do know that if you love once, it is easier to love again. It makes it easier to love more.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I fell in love with my wife at first sight, but she did not feel the same way. She's more cynical though. I think any two people can be happily married if they BOTH work at it and they have some basic beliefs in common. It doesn't matter if it's a soul mate situation or an arranged marriage.