• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are Obstacle Courses Sports?

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Do you consider anyone that does obstacle course is a sport? Programs like American Ninja Warrior always say that it is an extreme sport. Do you agree?
Here's an example

Do you watch this?

Impaired

Registered Member
I don't see why not - a series of physical challenges. The platoon I was in during basic training (USAF, so not the most arduous training) requested to be allowed to run the obstacle course a second time. We were refused. Most of us thought it was great fun - especially since the crawl through mud under the barbed wire was out due to a rattlesnake infestation.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
In my opinion, if you can even DO this in the first place, then and only then are you qualified to say that it's NOT a sport (and at that point, why would you say that?). This is seriously more a sport than any other sport out there.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’ve done the Spartan Race several times. It is definitely a sport! It’s super intense.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
I’ve done the Spartan Race several times. It is definitely a sport! It’s super intense.
What made you want to try something like this? What year was this? And did you do this with other friends? How did you do?

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
By the very definition of what a sport is, it is a sport in its entirety. It requires physical attributes in a competitive manner against other people for glory and/or entertainment. Btw, I love the ninja warrior series and the spartan series, theyre awesome.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
So did anyone else watch this? Boy it was great. 3 hours of on the edge action.
The 4 teams were:

Team USA Team Europe Team Latin America Team Asia

Europe came in 1st
USA came in 2nd
Latin America 3rd
Asia 4th

USA lost a tie by 1 second... The one that took on the challenge had hurt his tailbone by falling on the edge of a mat and the riser and bouncing into the water. Better luck next year