• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are liberals losing it?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I'm not really writing about pundits and talking heads, I mean people that I am acquainted with. The ones who used to have a sense of humor and could agree to disagree while still making their point. I think they see the ship is sinking and can't believe what has happened to their "hope and change". They didn't get what was promised, are extremely upset, and now blame the opposition for the failure of their dreams to materialize. Now they are pissed and WATCH OUT! If you don't go along with what they say their anger may be directed at you.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Unlike you Smilin', I just don't know any liberals in RL. Well actually my office admin is a big liberal and Obama supporter, but I stay far away from politics with her because I want a happy workplace. I've been on GF for 6 years now and one thing I used to love about this place was all of the liberal people but many sort of went away over the past few years.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think a lot of liberals are already off the deep end as well as many conservatives. Then again, that's because I think most extremists or groups that lean further to their respective ends of the political spectrums are crazy anyways. But that's just me.

Personally, the debate showed what I've said on this forum before, something people have chosen to ignore about my opinions or just flat out disbelieve and that's that Obama has no huevos. I like that he wants to be bipartisan but it makes him saggier than two balloons stuffed in a fat kid's speedo. Mitt is a practiced businessman which means he has to be a good talker and he is. I still don't like him very much because of his incredible talent to flop around like a fish out of water strapped to a firecracker but Obama certainly didn't gain my vote with that debate either.

I think pointing at one side is silly during any presidential election since all people are susceptible to these weak trains of thought and panic when their pick has a bad debate, comment, or some kind of truth or scandal exposed.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Overreacting to one debate (and the first debate) is like how sports analysts go nuts when for example, the defending superbowl champions, who are clear favorites all offseason and expected to continue their dominance, under-perform and lose their opening game of the season.

And afterwards, all the players and coaches say, well it's only the first game while the analysts are questioning if the quarterback needs to retire yet.

I think the same thing happens with these debates. It's only the first one. I can never imagine how people react so much to one thing. Any kind of statistics knowledge should tell you that you get better results with more trials and samples. 1 is clearly not at lot.

But I think most people have already made up their minds regardless. These debates are more for entertainment to feed the media, if you ask me.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
From the outside, I see it as Pretz does - both are guilty. But I have always expected outbursts here and there. In my almost decade of moderating forums with large US citizen membership, hell breaks loose during election period and it just gets worse as the election day nears. Even with people who are usually calm. The passion takes over and also the frustration. Then people go back to "normal" after.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The counter-argument as I see it, though, is that I've seen with my own eyes a few different people saying over the last couple years, right here on this very site, that they more or less think Obama is a psychotic despot bent on galactic destruction, and that if he is re-elected this November, the world is going to end in a fiery cataclysm of Biblical proportions...

Isn't that pretty much the exact same thing?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The counter-argument as I see it, though, is that I've seen with my own eyes a few different people saying over the last couple years, right here on this very site, that they more or less think Obama is a psychotic despot bent on galactic destruction, and that if he is re-elected this November, the world is going to end in a fiery cataclysm of Biblical proportions...

Isn't that pretty much the exact same thing?
It depends, is it a threat that they advocate bringing about if øbama is re-elected or is it what they expect as a result of his policies?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
There is a difference between having the viewpoint that an Obama reelection would result in our economy failing like Greece and threatening to riot if Obama loses. Four years ago I had a discussion with Tucker on here because during an Obama victory rally a man was attacked and police had to intervene simply because he was wearing a McCain t-shirt....a freakin t-shirt. This isn't the same as predicting our country will be a bigger mess if Obama is reelected.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member