• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are liberals losing it?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Is it just me or do you think liberals are going off the deep end since øbama embarrassed himself in the first debate?

My observation is that folks who used to be able to engage in political banter are coming unglued and are beginning to lash out in mean spirited personal attacks against those with whom they disagree.

Have you observed this yourself?

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I don't think so; at least, not Liberals specifically. The guilt is shared.

It's the view from the outside - I think pretty much everyone I know who is strongly involved in American politics, regardless of which side they like, became "unglued and are beginning to lash out in mean spirited personal attacks against those with whom they disagree," once the election season came around this year. To the point that anyone can blithely say something like "I kinda like Romney," or "I kinda like Obama," just about anywhere, and it's a guarantee that someone will be somewhere around nearby to chime in with how stupid that person is for thinking that, produce some elaborate and long-winded conspiracy/fantasy in which the person came to that conclusion based on superficial and uninformed methods, declare the person to be a mush-brained vegetable, and conclude with a sweeping and completely unrealistic final solution such as "All [insert political denomination]s should just be shot for their broken, programmed thinking!"

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Hahaha, I appreciate your view from the outside, but I would challenge your assertion that "everyone" participates. I never see you lower yourself to that level, nor some others who post here like Unity, Hilander, and many others. Nor do I see The Captain or MiT resort to it either. Lots of my liberal friends can give and take too.

But since that debate some have taken the gloves off. Personally, I wouldn't have a Romney/Ryan bumpersticker on my car as it might get vandalized.

Don't get me wrong, I know I have a talent for bringing out the "best" in others :lol:, but when they start calling me a motherf****r for challenging their assertions, it seems they are going off the deep end.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've heard some pretty nutty stuff. Al Gore blaming the altitude. HuffPo saying Romney brought in a cheat sheet. John Kerry is a retard. Any excuse to cover the fact that Obama can't defend the indefensible. I live in one of the reddest states so down here, its been non-stop party like its 1999 since last Wednesday.

This has been an odd election. A lot of Conservatives, including me have had a sense for months that this was going to be a Romney blowout. At the same time a lot of Liberals have thought for months this was going to be an Obama blowout. So, at the very least one group was doomed to be very very wrong. I guess its like being a kid and paying your money for good seats for the Harlem Globetrotters only to watch them get humiliated and lose the game.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really don't see as where Obama embarrassed himself at the debate. However I think he should of hammered Romney on some of his statements instead of letting them slide. Obama should of spent more time rehearsing like Romney did. Romney did look well rehearsed.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I've seen a lot of vitriolic speech from both sides but more so from the Left since the debate. While I rarely ever agree with Bill Maher I do respect him for calling it like it was, Obama just looked very flat and Romney did a much better job.

My own personal opinion is that somewhere deep inside Obama doesn't want the job anymore. It does not appear his heart is in it at this point. The job of POTUS is nonstop and EVERY single move is scrutinized. I'm just not sure how bad he still wants to be president.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've seen a lot of vitriolic speech from both sides but more so from the Left since the debate. While I rarely ever agree with Bill Maher I do respect him for calling it like it was, Obama just looked very flat and Romney did a much better job.

My own personal opinion is that somewhere deep inside Obama doesn't want the job anymore. It does not appear his heart is in it at this point. The job of POTUS is nonstop and EVERY single move is scrutinized. I'm just not sure how bad he still wants to be president.
Its got to be hard. Not just because of the strain it puts on his health and family, but because even if he wins, he will have no Democrat support in DC. Even if he has good ideas(he doesn't) he could never get them through Congress(thank God) and he is incapable of selling his ideas to the people(thank God.) That would be demoralizing.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Its got to be hard. Not just because of the strain it puts on his health and family, but because even if he wins, he will have no Democrat support in DC. Even if he has good ideas(he doesn't) he could never get them through Congress(thank God) and he is incapable of selling his ideas to the people(thank God.) That would be demoralizing.
His daughters are still so young so I can understand just not wanting the job anymore, or not being in it 100% anymore. That's just my opinion and all I'm saying is it wouldn't surprise me if it's true nor would I blame him. You're right though and those are good points, that may play a part in it as well.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I could put this in about 5 active threads. A new Obama ad came out today criticizing Romney's reaction to the Libya attack.
Obama ad attacks Romney's Benghazi reaction - POLITICO.com

That is un-freaking-believable! They've lost their freaking minds. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so inept.
1) Didn't Obama have a knee-jerk reaction when he said the police "acted stupidly"?

2) Yeah, Obama had itel that this was going to happen and he did nothing, 4 Americans are killed because of his ineptness and instead of accepting responsibility he blamed a movie but it's Romney's tone that somehow is unpresidential......freakin pathetic.