• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome Are Hoverboards Real?

dDave

V.I.P.
Is Hoverboard Real? HUVr Tech Claims Live Demonstration Of ?Back To The Future? Flying Skateboard [VIDEO]

If you've seen Back To The Future Part II then you will no doubt find this to be an interesting story.

Tony Hawk, Mark Cuban, Christopher Lloyd, and of course HUVr boards.

They allegedly claim in their video that these demonstrations are real and that they're really easy to operate. They also claim that more tech goes into one of these boards than satellites we launched into space as recently as 2010.

What say you? Truth or epic hoax?

I'm not sure what to think. I mean, I'm open to the idea of this being possible but I just can't wrap my mind around this being real at this time. I know that stuff like power laces in oldschool NIKE shoes are launching next year though.

I do lean towards this being fake.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its a hoax, I didn't notice it but the article says there are wires attached to one of the riders. Plus HUVr admits its a marketing scheme.
------
I watched it again and yes they are wearing wires, pay attention to their shoulders.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I couldn't spot any wires but there's definitely a strange shadow at 3:28.

So what are we supposed to make of this? Is this just a bunch of celebrities messing with all of us big time? Are they hinting that a hover board will one day be developed and available for purchase?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They could be available one day but I don't think this is real. All those people that they were showing on the boards shirts were pulled up at the shoulders like a wire was under it. Compare what they looked like on the board and off the board.

Clare

Registered Member
Tony Hawk has confirmed that this is fake. Just a big publicity stunt I guess. How the hoverboard prank fooled the internet

Good eyes though Hilander. It sounds like lots of people were fooled. I didn't notice the wires myself, although something about the video seemed a bit off to me anyway.

Last edited:

brikaben

Registered Member
I didn't notice any wires (and I was looking for them) but I did notice the awkward way everyones shirts were sitting on their shoulder when "riding" them.