• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Are Food Trucks Safe to Eat From?

Sophia

Registered Member
There has been a lot in the news lately about food trucks. Personally I have never eaten from one. I understand they frequent larger cities than I am in so that's probably the reason. What is your take on food trucks? Have you ever eaten from one and what is your favorite?

Interis

Registered Member
I fear for the hygiene, even though I've never really had a bad experience buying from a food truck. It's a good alternative to the junk food restaurants when we're pressed for time, although some are not that much different. Any recommendations I should try?

Pepper

Registered Member
I have never eaten from a food truck. I think I am a bit paranoid when it comes to food hygiene etc. I'm sure most of them have been inspected for hygiene, but that's just how I feel.

Impaired

Registered Member
Yes, I have eaten from them for years. Never had a problem. If it looks dirty or smells off, then go elsewhere. I would only buy hot food. Cold might be iffy, IMHO

MissMe

Registered Member
A food truck is about as safe as your normal sit down restaurant. They have to meet health codes just like a restaurant does. Both can have violations and both can stay in operation after the violations.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
A food truck is about as safe as your normal sit down restaurant. They have to meet health codes just like a restaurant does. Both can have violations and both can stay in operation after the violations.
You are right about that. The codes governing food trucks are the same codes for restaurants. In my humble opinion, I like food trucks better because you can see the cooking conditions right in front of you. You can see the cooks handling your food right in front of you. You can't really say the same for most restaurants.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never eaten from one but the hospital my husband has been in has them out front every day. I noticed many of the employees of the hospital eat there including doctors. Probably no worse than restaurants. Like @MissMe said they are inspected just like a regular restaurant.

Keri35

Registered Member
I have eaten food from trucks often. I love them. I can't think of a time when I had a bad experience. I don't have a favorite because everywhere I go, it's a different truck.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I've never eaten from one but the hospital my husband has been in has them out front every day. .
I hope your husband is okay. It's tough when a spouse is in the hospital.

I'm happy to eat just about anywhere and have bought food off carts in NYC and food trucks in Orlando. I figure if eating day old pizza that had been left out didn't kill me in college then nothing will.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
They come to our offices every Friday and now Wednesday too

They are great and are inspected like everyone else so I cannot say a bad thing about them