Are Conservatives Stupid or Evil?

PentaCube

Registered Member
well, if you want an honest opinion, like Dr. Savage, I think that Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.

There are certain contradictions that I cannot explain else wise. Keep in mind this does not apply to all liberals, but many that I have met:

• Fervently against the death penalty and fervently for open abortions.
  • Belief that global warming is real and caused by man even with the climate graphs of the past 5, 10, 20 and 100 years tell another story.
  • Care for the situations of women and children in countries where we have no military presence, but do not care for the advances made by women and children in middle eastern countries where our military is.
  • Belief that animals have rights, trees have feelings
Definitely not all liberals, but like I said, there's some political thought I will never get.
Global warming is less of an issue for me personally, conservation of natural resources and our wildlife is the important issue. I have no idea what your talking about with the third one, sounds like rambling of some kind I won't get into. And the last one disturbs me quite a bit actually.

Why would animals not be given certain rights? Would you let someone starve a caged animal? If not then you already recognize the right of that animal to either be free or to be sustained. The tree thing is complete shit and you know it.

EDIT: took out the death penalty remark because I could not find a reference to support my claim. My apologies.

Last edited:

Bananas

Endangered Species
How do you avoid it, though? I'm not so sure I see a way out, given the obvious benefits of coalition-building in the American political system.
You could make politics boring!

An American political rally shares more similarities to the crowd at a football game than a theatre of philosophocal belief, it is a spectacle of sides, which side can do things bigger and better with more style and finesse than the other. The politics are lost. Your place on which side of the political spectrum becomes more important than the views which place you on that part of the spectrum in the first place(call it free thinking) and such; said views on that sector of the spectrum rub off on you as if they are your own.

Heres a game for you; pick any one member of the non-US populous on these boards and tell me to what political party they are alligned? I doubt you can, one thing you can be assured is that if you use the US spectrum they would all be left-wing......but thats not the issue, the issue is the divide between the two political side is deepened and the contrast made greater by peoples attitude of the others.

Do I think the US can change? probably but only by foriegn intervention and that intervention will probably not be a pleasant one (like 9/11 united you for a brief while). The problem I see it is as a deep inherited American trait, right from the very beginning there has been these sides of us & them. You have the Rebels & Loyalists, the Unionists & Confederates, Capitalists & Communists.

There has always been this deep suspicion of the "other side" and it continues to this day in your two party politics.

PentaCube

Registered Member
There has always been this deep suspicion of the "other side" and it continues to this day in your two party politics.
I haven't really given that much thought, and yes it is how I tend to think. I don't even realize I'm doing it, it just seems to be how most of us think over here.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Bananas said:
You could make politics boring!
I'm not sure how you'd do that. A lot of people make a good deal of money on trying to make politics exciting like a sporting event. Does the government make them stop? I couldn't get down with that, since it would be a limit placed on the freedom of expression, and I'm sure every other American on this forum would agree with me there. It's easy to say that everyone should just change, but I'm not sure how you make that happen.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
PentaCube said:
Or you could just accept it as a reality and a fundamental difference in our culture.
Which is what I'm getting at, in my own absurdly roundabout manner. :)

Last edited:

Bananas

Endangered Species
I'm not sure how you'd do that. A lot of people make a good deal of money on trying to make politics exciting like a sporting event. Does the government make them stop?
Nobody is suggesting such a thing. But I think you will agree with me when I say a political belief should not be blastered out of the end of a confetti cannon. It makes great marketing but does little for personal cognition and exapnding ones philosophical beliefs beyond the colour of your party.

PentaCube

Registered Member
Nobody is suggesting such a thing. But I think you will agree with me when I say a political belief should not be blastered
hehe, you said blastered...silly foreigners.

EDIT: and so i don't get another infraction for pointless posts...I lost my train of thought...

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Yyyyeah I was going to point out that tree thing, too.

I've never met a single person who believes that trees have feelings and my college has Liberal in it's name.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I came off harsh, it had more to do with my RL than anything. This is a great topic. Probably the best I've ever seen here. It's a chance to intelligently figure out where we don't see eye to eye. I'm sure EI is right and the person on the other side of the aisle has some logical reason for what seems to you(or me) as illogical. I'm sure I still won't agree with most of the liberal thought, and that's fine.

So, hit me with the contradictions on the Conservative side or the illogical positions, I'll do my best to answer. I'd also like more response on the death penalty vs. abortion issue b/c to me. I still see no logic in that. I won't attack your positions or call names, just want to understand the reasoning.