Are Conservatives Stupid or Evil?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by ExpectantlyIronic, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Are Conservatives Stupid or Evil - Psychology Today

I've long thought that political differences were due to ingrained differences in values amongst people; as opposed to one side of the political spectrum being universally flawed in some way. Would you agree, or do you think the other side is stupid or evil?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think both sides are overpopulated with half-brained wolverines high on angel dust that enjoy the smell of their own socks. But that's just one guy's opinion.

wooly likes this.
  3. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

I would say that there are stupid some stupid conservatives, but not that all conservatives are stupid. The same can be said for liberals as well. It's not a problem with conservatives or liberals, it's a problem with people. Stupid people.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

All Politicians, Stupid and evil politicians. They will do whatever they want, say what they think you want them to say and stab you in the back.

5. ExpectantlyIronic

Sure, but the posted article attempts to explain why intelligent conservatives and liberals disagree.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Slightly off-topic but I find party politics stupid and evil!

It is only in recent years (especially since being on GF) that I have seen how divided the USA is. What I hate most about it is the generalisation, the name calling and complete lack of individual thought. It seems that political allegiance is more important than the subject in question, all too often it comes down to "you liberals" or "right-wingers" as a more important attribute than the objectives those people propose. Everything is us & them, blue & red, left & right, liberal & conservative....from an outside perspective looking in it does get kind of tiresome after a while.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

7. ExpectantlyIronic

How do you avoid it, though? I'm not so sure I see a way out, given the obvious benefits of coalition-building in the American political system.

8. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

Meh. We are all a little stupid and evil.

9. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

well, if you want an honest opinion, like Dr. Savage, I think that Liberalism is a Mental Disorder.

There are certain contradictions that I cannot explain else wise. Keep in mind this does not apply to all liberals, but many that I have met:

• Fervently against the death penalty and fervently for open abortions.
    • Belief that global warming is real and caused by man even with the climate graphs of the past 5, 10, 20 and 100 years tell another story.
    • Care for the situations of women and children in countries where we have no military presence, but do not care for the advances made by women and children in middle eastern countries where our military is.
    • Belief that animals have rights, trees have feelings
    Definitely not all liberals, but like I said, there's some political thought I will never get.

10. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Only gonna point out this one, because the others are political beliefs of quite a few liberals. Trees have feelings? That's not a political standpoint. Trees are important to the environment is a common thought among liberals, but trees having feelings is more or less only held by the craziest of liberals.

I could point out a few contradictory or unnecessary political viewpoints of conservatives, myself.