Are Body Piercings and Tattoo Art Getting a Bit Out of Control? (Graphic Pictures)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icyblackflame, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

Anyway, I was watching this highlight/preview thingy on NBC of strange, potentially dangerous piercings that people are getting. I gave a list of examples, but I don't feel like remembering what I said. You can just look at the pics below....

But I wanted to know what you thought of this. And my main question: what would you do if your son/daughter/both befriended someone with these 'habits?' Furthermore, what would you do if they started coming home with peircings and tattoos like the ones shown below? And please spare me the "we musn't judge from outward appearances! They deserve a chance too!" crap. When it comes to your kids, you must admit that your sense of "equality" seems to fly out the window when it comes to their "safety." (Not that I'm saying this is dangerous -although it is-)

Darn....I had somethin' real good right here, but I don;t remember what it was... *Cries*

So, your reactions? What would you do if you saw someone like this walking down the street? I'm not saying that they're satonic, but...their appearances sure are not helping with that image.

Lastly, does anyone know of anyone with these bizzare piercings? Even more interesting, anyone have any bizarre piercings?

And thus ends my thread of the day.
    -Icy

(Edit) Okay. I put some pretty bad pics on here so the link was taken down. Sorry, I won't be so careless next time...

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think we could spend our time worrying about many more things than this. Unless someone gets a semi-automatic pierced into their arm, why should we care? Let them do what they want with their bodies and let them accept the consequences. I'd probably never go past getting my ears pierced because some of this stuff in my opinion, is pretty whacky. But like I said, it's their choice to do these things to their bodies.

Why should anyone but them care?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't want to let this thread die, so I edited out the pictures.

Icy, we don't need those nasty genital shots. If you had uploaded a few on your own that weren't sexually explicit, then I'd allow them.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Wow... Wait until Circle gets here. ^.^

(Can you imagine that going off in your pants in airport security? o_O)

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Witnessed it before..I was like "WTF..Metal in the pants....Then i remembered..ahhh..a pierce

6. bballinyao06

bballinyao06 Guest

I believe that if they are my kids, they can't do anything without my permission until they're legally an adult. Also, if these people choose to get those type of tattoos and body piercings, then even though some of us might be repulsed by it, it's their body. They can do whatever they choose to do with it and we have no say whatsoever. But I do know one thing, when that person gets older, that tattoo might not look so good on their body later on... For me, I'd rather have a nice looking body when I'm old instead of an ugly body with a stretched out tattoo or whatever the case may be.

7. Kos4Evr

Kos4Evr Registered Member

I'm not opposed to tattoos or piercings in awkward places, I'd be more concerned with making sure they are being done as safely as possible. I would also like to know that my children (I plan to have some in the future) trust my opinion enough to to not get a tattoo or piercing that is in bad taste or is unsafe. In the early years I'd be more willing to encourage visible piercings (ears) that the unseen piercings or tattoos. As they got older I'd give them more leaway, but I'd try to steer them away from anything too over the top. I guess my only real rule regarding tattoos and piercings would be if you (refering to the child I don't yet have) Want to get it, I have to be there when you get it done.

8. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

Ahhh! I'm sorry. If you looked at some of them (which I'm sure you have by your post), you'll see the "next" thing at the bottom of each. I just pressed that, so I didn't know what the next ones would be. I just copied and pasted some links that I didn't think were too bad. However, I obviously screwed up there. I honestly thought I skipped the girl and boys pictures.

I'm soooo sorry! I'll be carefull...er...next time. (And thanks for recovering the thread ^^)
    -Icy

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I personally don't think that tattoos and piercings are too out of control. They're just another way of expressing oneself....like singing.....

But just because I don't care what others do doesn't mean that I want members of my family to get tatoos and such either. I always have a feeling that they'll regret it.

10. Circle_One

Circle_One Guest

Aaaaand now I'm here and ready to reply :D

Ok, I've got a couple of things to say.

Um... Considering I AM someone with these kinds of "habits" and regardless of my "habits", I still know what kind of person I am, I'd be happy that my son made friends with someone "like me". I'd also be glad that he wasn't ignorant or a bigot and could care less about what someone looks like on the outside, but instead befriended someone because of the PERSON they were, not what they looked like or what others thought of him. I'd be proud. I teach my son love. Not hatred or ignorance.

Nothing. If he wants to, good for him. It's his life. It shows he doesn't give a shit about what people think about him and instead wants to express his individuality regardless of other peoples' ideals of what he "should" look like.

Why should you be spared of that? It's the truth. Hatred runs rampant enough in this world without our teaching our children that one should not be given a chance based on the way they look. THAT is what I call crap.

And for the record. It's not dangerous. Just because a television show tells you it is doesn't mean it's true. The media is not always right (in fact, it's often wrong). Provided the piercer or tattoo artist is a professional with clean equipment and proper knowledge of what they are doing, it is perfectly safe.

Satanic?? Why would that even come to mind? Can we say jumping the gun? No offense, but that's pure ignorance. And I'm sure would prove offensive to many Satanists (who aren't at all like you presume they are, nor do they practice what most presume they do, but that's another thread all together). Perhaps people should stop fearing what they don't understand and instead of standing there with a disgusted or dumbfounded look on their face, should go up and meet the person behind the artwork. You just may be surprised.

I would rather befriend someone who looked that way than someone who immediately judged another simply because of the way they look. In a heartbeat. At least we're open, tolerant, individualistic and proud of who we are, without giving a fuck about what others think about us.

Yes, I do know people with "bizarre" piercings. Some of my best friends infact. And yes, I DO have "bizarre" piercings.