• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Arcade Olympic Tournament

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Idea -

Now that the arcade is global, we should have a big crossboard tournament between the people from each board. We could compete against each other in an Olympic style tournament or something where each person of one board plays against each person of another board on each game (event) and from there, we add up all the scores to get a Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal winner in each game, and we see which board gets the most and highest medals. Or something like that.

That would be cool to do in the future once all the technical problems are solved and the board participation stabilized.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Could be fun. The only two boards that have a big enough Premium memberbase are this one and GF however, but even so.

Then there's the question of people who are Premium at both. They certainly shouldn't be on both teams, so we would have to figure out how that would work.

First things first though, there are still several things that need to be worked out and several features that need to be tweaked.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
To solve those problems really quickly...

obviously you'd have to give non-premium members access to the arcade, but it would only be like a 2-4 week period so they could prepare for the tournament, and the scores wouldn't count towards the high score list unless they bought premium (advertising method perhaps???). Their scores could be saved unofficially and become official if they pay for premium.

And about the teams, obviously people can't play for more then one team, or the purpose of the tournament is defeated. Instead, we could establish balanced and fair alliances according to the boards we've been most active at, with perhaps a few minor adjustments if things are too uneven (like the people who participate equally in all boards could choose in the event that they are needed to balance things out).

Last edited:

Julie

Registered Member
Where is this "arcade" that you guys are talking about? How does it work?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It was just added here recently. I posted a memo about it but I don't think everybody read it.

Julie

Registered Member
Yes, I have recently been educated :nod:

So now I get to see if I can win a trophy! :D

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Think you should get a big neon sign around it with a bunch of squiggly-lined arrows pointing at it from all directions? :D

And if you're going to go for a trophy, I'd recommend Juggler or Frogger. By now, Juggler is the only one with a score that isn't out of sight. And Frogger has some weird thing where it cuts you off as soon as all the targets are hit. The highest possible score seems to be random. So for some reason, you could end up beating it even though you accomplish the same thing as the current leader (me). Otherwise, I'd suggest just playing games for fun, and then maybe you'll find you're good enough to challenge the high. Chopper challenge isn't quite "out of sight" high yet, though it is challenging.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 3
dDave Video Games 5
dDave Video Games 4
dDave Video Games 13
AnitaKnapp Ideas & Support 6