Arby's Owner buys Wendy's for $2.34 billion

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - After at least two rejections, billionaire Nelson Peltz has finally succeeded in landing Wendy's in a $2.3 billion deal that would add the chain known for its square burger and chocolate Frosty dessert to his ownership of Arby's and its roast beef sandwiches.
Arby's owner buying Wendy's for $2.34 billion stock deal - Yahoo! News

This got me sad. I love Wendy's!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
We'll see what happens with this... could be a good thing for both chains.

I prefer both of these over McDonald's or Burger King.

Arby's is my favorite fast food. EVER! I never really tried Wendy's, but this seems like a good deal.

Only 2.3 billion for Wendy's? I expected more, to be honest. =P

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
We'll see what happens with this... could be a good thing for both chains.

I prefer both of these over McDonald's or Burger King.
I definitely agree that either Wendy's or Arby's are preferable over those, Arbys is also one of my favorite fast food places along with taco bell, but I never go out to get fast food, i know what's in that stuff so i just can't do it unless I'm on the road.

I wold have expected Wendy's to be worth more than that.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I used to work for Wendy's (a looong time ago). I think they were no° 1 fastfood in the US at that time. It's sad they're trailing now.

Last edited:
I don't think I ever ate at Wendy's because it seems strange to eat a square hamburger. Is it just me?

Is the food good there? If McDonalds was a 8, what would Wendy's be (out of 10)?

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I used to work for Wendy's (a looong time ago). I think they were no° 1 fastfood in the US at that time. It's sad they're trailing now.
Wendy's was number 3.

McDonalds and BK were 1 and 2 respectively, in the past. I think they still are 1 and 2 but other places have closed the gap...

I never liked Arby's I did like Wendy's on the rare occasion I went there.