• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Apple iPhone 6

dDave

V.I.P.
The release of iOS 8 is drawing near and with that I believe we'll be getting a new iPhone to kick it off.

Apple Reportedly Hosting iPhone 6 Event on September 9 - IGN

The iPhone 5/5S both have 4 inch displays. The rumors for larger screens are interesting to me. The screen size isn't usually too annoying to me on the 5S but there are a few select tasks that would benefit greatly from having a larger screen (not to mention having the space for a larger battery). Still, Apple has been behind in terms of screen size for a while, if they decide to make the screen larger then it'll attract a lot more people I believe.

While I've actually never used the fingerprint scanner (because I have an otterbox), I think the phone has great features, I'll be interested to see what the 6 offers that's actually better. I'm likely to upgrade during the next cycle which would set me up with a 6S.

dDave

V.I.P.
The iPhone 6 has officially been announced. I'm not due for an upgrade until the expected release of the S models (presumably) later next year.

Apple Announces iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus - IGN

Not sure what to think of the plus model. To be honest, big screen is nice but I also like how small my current phone is.

I also think it's interesting that a 32GB model will not be made and to compensate the 64GB model costs what the 32GB would normally cost historically.

Thoughts?

Clare

Registered Member
I'm not sure about the larger screen size... the smaller size of the iPhone is sort of its distinguishing feature I think.

I'm not an Apple fangirl by any stretch, and I have a Galaxy phone, but typing is probably faster on the iPhone I reckon. For guys especially I think the larger phone might be annoying because of it not fitting into pockets as easily.

All that said though, I'm sure there are still plenty of people out there who will buy whatever Apple releases :nod:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've always liked Apple products, and the iPhone 6 looks and sounds pretty nice. I'm still using an iPhone 4. I'm long overdue for an upgrade, but I don't know if I'll spring for the 6 right away. I still like what I have enough to hold onto it for a while longer. I like the small size of the 4, and I also like that it has some weight to it. The iPhone 5 feels like paper by comparison. I would like to have a nicer camera on my phone though, just for the times when I'm not lugging around my real camera.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've always liked Apple products, and the iPhone 6 looks and sounds pretty nice. I'm still using an iPhone 4. I'm long overdue for an upgrade, but I don't know if I'll spring for the 6 right away. I still like what I have enough to hold onto it for a while longer. I like the small size of the 4, and I also like that it has some weight to it. The iPhone 5 feels like paper by comparison. I would like to have a nicer camera on my phone though, just for the times when I'm not lugging around my real camera.
The 5S definitely has a decent camera. I will say this though, in any kind of dark shot the pictures just look awful. There's a really bad grainy quality about them.

I upgraded from the 4S to the 5S. The phone is noticeably thinner but the 5S isn't bad at all in comparison to the 4S. I had both phones in an Otterbox Defender case to it has some thickness in my hand and feels nice and solid.

My biggest problem with the 4S was the limited 16GB. I sold it for a bit more than I paid for it though, so not too bad in the end. I got the 32GB to replace it.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure I'll eventually get the 6. I have the 5 and its awesome. However, I've had bad luck in that my battery is shit and my top right button isn't working anymore. I was on the list in which both were having issues...I just deal with it and its okay but it is kinda annoying.

But anyway, yeah, looks cool haha

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I just got the 5S not even 3 months ago, but I'm getting the 6 end of October. I'm usually slow to get the latest version, but this time I'll get it early on. I too like how small the 5S is though. But I'll get used to it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I was reading that as well. The phone will warp (permanently) just from the pressure of being in your pocket as well as the heat generated from your body. If I had the 6 then it wouldn't really be a problem for me because I will always put my phone in a case but many people don't do that.

I wonder how they'll address this. Change the design for the S models for next year? Redesign the 6 now? Recall?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope they do a recall, people aren't going to be happy about spending that much money on it just to have it warp. Bet it warps in your purse too. Stuff will get up against it.