• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Apollo 13

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
To be honest with you guys I dont know much about Apollo 13 all I really know is the oxygen tank burst to the moon, and they're famous for saying Houston we have a problem, but can anyone explain to me a little more then that please, and also let me know your feelings on this.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Apollo 13 was manned by James Lovell, who was the commander, and who has flown on a few previous missions during the Gemini and Apollo programs. John Swigert was the command module pilot, though he was a member of the back up crew, he replaced Ken Mattingly who was thought to have been exposed to rubella. The third crewman was Fred Haise, and he piloted the lunar module.

The crew was asked to perform a cryo stir, which stirs the oxygen tanks. Wires that were damaged caught fire during the stir which caused a pressure increase and boom, the tank blew. This blew both oxygen tanks, so they had no oxygen basically. They lost power due to the explosion, well lost power in the Command Module. They also had to build extra filters to filter out the Carbon Dioxide they were exhailing, they did so by using parts in the spaceship. They had to make a course correction in order to get back to Earth, and I believe they had to use the moon to help propel them towards the Earth by slingshotting around it. When they got to Earth they had to use the thrusters on the Lunar Module to manuever since the Command Module was dead since they were saving what battery power was left. Once they began re-entry they had the batteries activated and landed in the ocean.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Yes they survived, they had parachutes in the module, how you've never heard of Apollo 13 Moose is beyond me, they do have a movie on it, and a mini series that shows it as well.

Malificus

Likes snow
The movie came out in 1995, not before you were born, but old enough for you to not remember.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Borned? Haha evidently grammar lessons did as well, and yes it did, but there is such a thing known as history class.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah the movie had Tom Hanks in it, and it was a popular movie, but I didnt watch, but now with all your information you gave me about it Piccolo I will go rent it. Thank you.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

The movie was excellent, if you want to know more about the American Space Program in general then rent the mini-series "From the Earth to the Moon." It was a series that HBO did, and if you've seen Band of Brothers then you know HBO can do mini-series very well.