• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

AP Source: TCU going Big East

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Wow. This is BIG news for those TCU fans as well as fans of the Big East school. This conference is going through some hard times and for the Big East to add TCU along with possibly Villanova for football? That would be crazy.

This realignment is actually hurting the MWC since Boise St. is moving there in the 2011 or 2012 season and having only a rivalry with Fresno State will not help them at all since Utah is Pac-10 bound. Boise should stay with the WAC....

AP source: TCU going to Big East Conference - College Football - Rivals.com

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
At least the Big East will be somewhat deserving of that bid now. The conference still sort of blows.

Domino effect: Less of a chance of the Big Ten blowing up the Big East and taking like Rutgers and Pitt in order to force ND to join. And Boise gets screwed, once again

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
TCU leaving that conference is not good for Boise State at all like you mentioned. This move is a great opportunity for TCU, however. The Big East was awful this year in football so hopefully this will jump start the programs in that conference.

Big East had Cincinnati and Pittsburgh last year so they at least proved then that they can provide the country with competitive football...sometimes.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Boise always seems to get screwed...

Notre Dame should still join the Big Ten.

BigBob

Registered Member
Big move for TCU. It's obvious they're sick of of being one of two teams that don't get in because of their conference. Boise should definitely think about going to the Big East too, Big 10 maybe but I don't think that would work out for them.. plus, as good as they are now with the talent they have, imagine how much better talent they would get with those pipeline states.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Also, they need to think about location, Boise and the Big East would not work out well. Pac-10 and Big 12 I could understand for Boise. As a member of a Pac-10 conference with Utah and Colorado they could get plenty more amazing talent!

BigBob

Registered Member
If we look at it location wise, TCU going to the Big East is horrible too. Hell, Miami in the Big East was horrible because of such difference between schools (although that didn't matter because Miami fans would go anywhere for those 80's and 90's teams).

Boise State in the Big 12.. I don't think they'd risk it because they aren't like those teams. They aren't going to through the ball 50-60 times a game and not really worry about a running game. Pac-10 is probably the best choice because I'd say at least 75-80% of the teams run a pro offense but I think they're more worried about going undefeated every year rather then go to a different conference where all the talent is equal.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I do think that the Pac-10 would allow Boise to succeed more... I think.

TCU in the Big East is a bit off location wise. The only school that is truly within a shouting distance of TCU is South Florida, and barely.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Logistically, this doesn't make much sense, but TCU had to get in a BCS AQ conference as it is being proven it's next near impossible to get into the BCS championship game in the MWC (even though TCU could do it this year). Which is funny, because IMO I think going from the MWC to the Big East is almost a lateral move talent-wise.

Gotta wonder where the Big 12 was in all of this. Why could this work:

BIG 12 SOUTH: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
BIG 12 NORTH: Baylor, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Boise State

I know the divisions don't make a ton of sense logistically, but it's the best I could do to keep some rivalries in tact.

BigBob

Registered Member
Gotta wonder where the Big 12 was in all of this. Why could this work:

BIG 12 SOUTH: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
BIG 12 NORTH: Baylor, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Boise State

I know the divisions don't make a ton of sense logistically, but it's the best I could do to keep some rivalries in tact.
It wouldn't work with either of their play styles. The Big 12 is pretty much a bunch of air it out teams, the SEC is a bunch of spread teams. The Big East is one of the more logical reasons because most of the teams run a pro-style offense, just like TCU and Boise.

The only thing, as we've stated already, that doesn't make too much sense is the fact that both teams aren't in a good geographic area for the Big East. Other then that, it makes all the sense. The Big East has much better talent then the MWC, so you saying it's a lateral move is false. I'll take the Big East 9 times out of 10 going against the MWC.