Anyone Work Retail ??

I work at a Dollar General Store :sigh: so does anyone else work in retail :confused:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I used to work in the retail world a while back. Now that things have gone way south in the collectibles world it looks like I will be heading back to the retail world again soon.
I have worked for Wal Mart and Toys R Us and several retailers in my time. I am looking to get back into the toy retail world.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I worked at a major supermarket chain for a year and it sucked. I won't lie, part of me really loves being in a work environment where I can help people and make their day a bit easier, but most people are cranky, agitated, rude, and stupid so I can't so I enjoyed a lot of my "retail experience".

ancredelamour

Registered Member
A few years ago I worked in retail. It was such an awful and slow job, but my bosses were really really nice. I don't like standing around and dealing with people though, so I will probably never have a job like that again.

Alyssa

Registered Member
I work at Zellers.
I was pretty positive when I started working there that I was going to hate it. But it turns out I actually quite like it. I don't even want to leave for a higher paying job.
Working retail, I've decided, is not so bad. As long as you work with awesome people, that is.

I work at a local supermarket-type shop, and its ok! The people I work with are all nice though, well apart from one of the managers, she a caaa! Its definately better than I thought it would be but obviously its nothing too great. Customers are pretty nice aswell, never had any trouble really.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I was a Loss Prevention Supervisor for Home Depot for five years. I'd drink Drano before going back to that job or any retail job for that matter.

I like what I do and I like my co-workers but I wish they would give us more payroll.

The company was in a downward spiral thanks to the former CEO who wouldn't even fix the air conditioning/heating units in the stores, stocks were under $10 a share until my company went private and was bought out by KKR.

Now we have a real CEO who cares about the employees and isn't afraid to give payroll however we did get a cut in payroll in Jan. but it is steadily going up.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I used to work at a pet store. I pretty muched worked all positions while I was there except manager. When there was some down time, I would always play with the ferrets. The not soo fun thing was getting bit by hamsters and snakes and lizards.