• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anyone watch Bush's farewell address?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thank you very much Pro for Posting this. The speech went down around 5pm for me and I was still at work with no TV around. I tried everything I could to get it to stream on the internet but just came up short.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I agree with the powerful comment. I think his words really stuck with a lot of people. He was honest, and it connected with at least me.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Bush summed the last 8 years up with 2 sentences:

"There is legitimate debate about many of these decisions. But there can be little debate about the results."

Well said. History will tell which decisions were proper and which went too far. History will show a the results of democracy being introduced in the Middle East.

Last edited:

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
The biggest thing I've been impressed with by Bush this past 2 months is how gracefully he is leaving the White House. The man's an alright guy, even if I don't like him as President.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
The biggest thing I've been impressed with by Bush this past 2 months is how gracefully he is leaving the White House. The man's an alright guy, even if I don't like him as President.
I will agree here. I did like him tho. Were there things that I didn't agree with? meh... a few. I do think he had strong conviction tho, and did not give a rats ass what critics thought. He genuinely did what he thought was the right thing to do.

I applaud him for not buckling under pressure.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
I will agree here. I did like him tho. Were there things that I didn't agree with? meh... a few. I do think he had strong conviction tho, and did not give a rats ass what critics thought. He genuinely did what he thought was the right thing to do.

I applaud him for not buckling under pressure.
I'm somehow reminded of the episode of Family Guy when Meg and Chris break into Bush's house to steal his underwear and end up having a beer with him in his car.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I'm somehow reminded of the episode of Family Guy when Meg and Chris break into Bush's house to steal his underwear and end up having a beer with him in his car.
Wasn't that Clinton? That was the episode when Chris joined the young Republicans so he could feel boobs... or was it something else?

Edit: Wow, we turned this into a Bush farewell address into a Family Guy episode where boobs are felt... :shake:

Only on GF :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
Wasn't that Clinton? That was the episode when Chris joined the young Republicans so he could feel boobs... or was it something else?

Edit: Wow, we turned this into a Bush farewell address into a Family Guy episode where boobs are felt... :shake:

I thought the Clinton one was the one where Louis had sex with Clinton and Peter thought their marriage was like, over. Then in the end Peter had sex with Clinton.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder

I often turn serious conversations into complete bullshit :p Nah, the episode I'm talking about is the one where they have to run from the law because the people of Quahog thought that Stewie was possessed by the devil.

I thought the Clinton one was the one where Louis had sex with Clinton and Peter thought their marriage was like, over. Then in the end Peter had sex with Clinton.
He's really good.