Anyone use dropshippers?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mina, May 10, 2005.

1. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I've heard that dropshippers can be great, but then I've heard that tons of them were a total rip off... anyone here ever work with a dropshipper?? Any tips on picking one??

2. redchinsu

redchinsu Registered Member

Mina,
    I've used a few through wholesalecentral.com
    Few things to look for on the site or company.

Payment:
    Wise if they accept CC.
    Look for the "TRUSTED LOGO"
    Make sure there is a contact email or link
    Contact them just to make sure they are active and to see how long it takes for them to reply.

and ask question, if you are not comfortable with answers move on to another.

Hope that helps

3. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

i was told not to deal with them if they don't make you have a tax id number.....but i haven't gotten one yet...let me know if you find a good dropshipper

4. trees

trees Registered Member

What is a dropshipper?

5. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

Trees...

A drop shipper is when you sell an item, and then you call them and they will ship it directly to the customer, instead them mailing items to you, you keep them in stock and mail them again. It keeps down the costs of postage and double handling.

Lana

6. trees

trees Registered Member

OH, ok! I would be afraid to have someone else do my shipping. I would rather do it my self so I would know when it would be shipped, and could keep the customer informed and all. Also I will know how well it was being packed if I just do it my self. But I guess it is cool for some folks!

7. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

on tax id you can use your social security number too on that... there is a site you can apply of a tax id number... as soon I find it I will pass it on.... I use to have a home purifier business and I used my ssn for my tax id.
    I know you can use that and if not comfortable with using your ssn you can apply for one.... I get back to you on that on....nani

8. trees

trees Registered Member

Well, Against my first thought, I have tried 2 dropshippers. One is great but the other one has really messed me up on an item.(The only one thats been purchased from them) They either sent the wrong item, or lied about the item to start with and now they will not contact me or anything! I am having to replace the persons money out of my pocket, will get a negative for sure and I am so angry I could bite nails,(not fingernails either, I am talking stainless steel) I just dont have it like that and will have to rake and scrape to pay back money for their mistake. Wonder what I can do about that site? If anyone knows please tell me! Thanks! :tough:

First one that has been purchased by me from them I meant to say.....

It is just too much going wrong in my "thing called life" for this.......... :tough:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  9. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

So if something asks for my tax id number i can just put in my social.....hmmm....well i'd like to know that site if you come across it...i did a search to try and find it and it only came up with the paper work to get one and truthfully government paperwork confuses me and it didn't say exaclty where i would have to mail it