• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anyone use 1337 Speak?

ltk9492

Registered Member
Leet speak, lolz. No offense, but its dumb. Some of the words are harder to type than normal words, unlike IM lingo.Post your favorite n00b phr4zes and w0rdz here. Some are very funny.

Actual Situation

<gamer710>PWNT
<me>STFU
<gamer710>Headshotz, n00b got ub3r h4xed.
<me>wow dude, or "d0od", you have nothing better to do with your life but to come up wit gamer leet speak? You are NOT a "Ub3r h4x0r", and "h4xorz DONT rockz0rs my s0cksorz" now STFU social outcast.
<nerdygamer> You told that cracker.
<gamer710>(no response)
Gamer710 has left game
<me>lools

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Haha, I was just talking about how I hated this in another topic. Some of it is funny though.

Like the word pwned. That's a classic Warcraft typo originally.

Another that isn't technically LEET is "All your base are belong to us." But that's classic too. A little is ok, but when you have to go out of your way to type it, it's getting overboard I think.

There's LEET speek, and there's chat/internet lingo. Internet slang would consist of the LOL, OMG, etc. Leet is more h4x0r, etc. I don't like it personally, although every once in a while I will use it but I think it makes people look stupid when they use it a lot.

I never bother to type it out because it's too much effort, but I do find "pwned" to be funny. Otherwise, I'd say it's pretty annoying.

ltk9492

Registered Member
Yeah Yeah im fine with the Im Internet OMG's and LOL's, but this was u know, PWNAGE UBERh4x0rs rox0rz sox jooV3 b3en |-|4x0rd

Gamechamp

Registered Member
y0u c4n7 8337 73h 1337!

Hehe... But seriously, I think it's annoying when people use it constantly, but okay occasionally. But an entire sentence of it is too much. Unless you're joking around.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's still annoying even it's a joke. :) The first line in your post was annoying, for example, lol! :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
No offense, but that stuff is retarded. Internet/chat slang is a little more tolerable, but I still find it annoying sometimes.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I use the slang a bit, and shortened words that mean expessions like "heh" and "meh". Other than that, I tend to stay away from it unless I'm making fun of something or someone. I do like to say "All your base..", though.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
No offense, but that stuff is retarded. Internet/chat slang is a little more tolerable, but I still find it annoying sometimes.
i concur.

seeing numbers substituded for letters makes baby jesus cry.

but seriously, people who use that "stuff" show how immature they really are. and people that use internet lingo while talking to people in person are lame.

Andrew said:
I used to use the word "Pohned" in real life.. That made people mad during Halo matches. :D
a little off topic, actually a lot.

back when there was only Halo 1, my bro and i would goto his friend's house to play some Halo over LAN [ the most people we ever had was about 12 ]. there was this one guy who was of equal skill level as me so we were never on the same team. and when his team would be winning, he'd be talking a lot of trash and would be singing and stuff in the other room to piss us off. but every time we would be winning, we'd hear him yell at his team and the room would quite down and go silent while we began to tease them, etc.