Anyone thinking about tax season yet?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by krazyk3399, Jan 13, 2007.

1. krazyk3399

krazyk3399 New Member

Hey all-
    I posted on money forum about the looming tax season, but have not received any responses, so I decided to check out the general forum! Anyone doing their taxes yet?:cute:

2. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

Still waiting for my W2s. Then I will do my taxes.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I waited until the last minute last year.. I don't think I'll be doing that this year. I have a ton of things to do now though so I plan to wait until my schedule frees up a bit.

Hopefully it actually does free up.. :D

4. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

I am waiting on my w2's and the interest statements from my house

5. krazyk3399

krazyk3399 New Member

Yeah, I waited till the last minute last year too, that's why I am trying to get on it early now--for whatever reason a friend of mine got his W2's early this year and signed up with TaxBrain and has been raving about it--anyone else ever try these guys?;)

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm thinking I'll shoot for having everything done by the end of February.

Who else uses Tax software and book-keeping software? I used it for half of last year but enjoyed a nice hard drive crash several months ago that kind of knocked me off my groove...

7. krazyk3399

krazyk3399 New Member

Major bummer on the hard drive crash, Andrew. That is one of my worst nightmares--one that has some true for me more than once. I feel your pain.

The cool thing about TaxBrain and why I am thinking of using it this year is that it is all online. You don't have to put anything on your hard drive, you can do it at home, or at work, and all your info will be saved for next year. :rolleyes: :nod:

8. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I used TurboTax last year and probably will again. I finally got everything I need to do my taxes. So I am hopefully going to get them done sooner rather than later.

9. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

Too early, I got to wait for the W-2 to come in. I usually not looking forward to it and I always wait for the last possible moment beause I always ahve to pay them. I would love to break even with the government.