Anyone that sews out there?

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
Pants are very easy and good to start off with. Basic pajama pants are the best. Also simple purses are good. Anything with basic lines will do you well. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
Thank you Barbara, I just might take you up on that.
------
I did this upholstery on this jeep seat using the $80.00 Brother machine with the upholstery needle 18 and pro thread. That machine is powerful for it's size. This pic was before I cleaned it up.
:-o You did? This is friggin awesome work. Very impressed.

Last edited:

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Pants are very easy and good to start off with. Basic pajama pants are the best. Also simple purses are good. Anything with basic lines will do you well. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
This is great advice. A pair of pajama pants is a really good project to go with. Also, do you have boys or girls? There are some really simply girl summer dresses that would be easy. I do LOTS of sewing (well, when I can find the time). I've even ventured into creating my own dresses from multiple patterns and my head (only for the daughter not for me). I'm making all our own curtains, and I love quilting. Feel free to ask any questions.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
This is great advice. A pair of pajama pants is a really good project to go with. Also, do you have boys or girls? There are some really simply girl summer dresses that would be easy. I do LOTS of sewing (well, when I can find the time). I've even ventured into creating my own dresses from multiple patterns and my head (only for the daughter not for me). I'm making all our own curtains, and I love quilting. Feel free to ask any questions.
Hi Kiwi. First let me say that my lil 7 year old granddaughter whose name is Keara, I call Kiwi. She's coming for the weekend tomorrow...can't wait.

I could start on something simple for her like some pajamas or cute short sets for the summer.

The thing I'd love to do is design and make purses. I'm a purse fanatic. Thanks for the offer of help, you'll probably be hearing from me when I get started.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I love sewing, but my sewing machine broke a while back. Like Barb said, pajama pants are a great place to start they are really easy. I have also made a few purses and make up cases. I have made sweatshirts and a few dresses. It is pretty easy to get the hang on and it is a lot of fun. Just look for patterns that interest you and most of them will give you a good idea on how to get started.