Anyone that sews out there?

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
Ok, sewing is something I've always wanted to learn to do.

Since I'm home all the time now, I have the time.

So I bought a sewing machine, fabric and patterns.

What would be the best thing to start with? What kind of sewing I guess I'm saying?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I only sew patches on my kids' clothes when needed, or buttons that fall off. I haven't really tried sewing other things. If ever, I would suggest buying a book. There must be in the crafts store about basic sewing patterns you can play with. It's what I did when I wanted to try out cross stitching.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm not the greatest seamstress, but I have played a little when it comes to needle and thread. I dont know a thing about using a sewing machine so every bit of stitchwork I've done has been all hands.

A while back I took an old beat up pair of Denim Jeans and I attempted to make a "Sack Boy" from the PS3 game Little big Planet

it came out pretty good, I cut the zipper from the jeans out and actually made a working zippered compartment for the main body, filled the cavity with white rice. Only thing was in the middle of making it (I'd finished the body, the head and two limbs) my dog got ahold of it and pretty much shredded all the work I'd put into making the little sucker. All i was able to save was the body, probably 'cause of the extra time I spent working on that zipper :hah: the stitching was stronger there than at the other pieces.

But yeah, I like to venture into very minor projects like that from time to time, mostly just to say I can.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I've been known to stitch a sock hole or two in my time, maybe a rip in my jeans. Other than that, I'm no expert.

Are you interested in recreational or practical sewing?

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
I've been known to stitch a sock hole or two in my time, maybe a rip in my jeans. Other than that, I'm no expert.

Are you interested in recreational or practical sewing?
I would love to learn how to design and sew purses. But any kind of sewing to get me started would work.
------
I'm not the greatest seamstress, but I have played a little when it comes to needle and thread. I dont know a thing about using a sewing machine so every bit of stitchwork I've done has been all hands.

A while back I took an old beat up pair of Denim Jeans and I attempted to make a "Sack Boy" from the PS3 game Little big Planet

it came out pretty good, I cut the zipper from the jeans out and actually made a working zippered compartment for the main body, filled the cavity with white rice. Only thing was in the middle of making it (I'd finished the body, the head and two limbs) my dog got ahold of it and pretty much shredded all the work I'd put into making the little sucker. All i was able to save was the body, probably 'cause of the extra time I spent working on that zipper :hah: the stitching was stronger there than at the other pieces.

But yeah, I like to venture into very minor projects like that from time to time, mostly just to say I can.
OMGosh, how cute is that? :D Good job.

Last edited:

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
Pants are very easy and good to start off with. Basic pajama pants are the best. Also simple purses are good. Anything with basic lines will do you well. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
sewing machiens arent that hard once you get them dialed in right. i do most of mine by hand tho. i am occupied longer and that means less time to mope round here and bitch.

Walt

Registered Member
I did this upholstery on this jeep seat using the $80.00 Brother machine with the upholstery needle 18 and pro thread. That machine is powerful for it's size. This pic was before I cleaned it up.