Anyone Live In A Apartment Buliding/Complex ??

Anyone got any complaints in or about their building/complex ??

I live in a apartment complex and I got one neighbor who is starting to get under my skin.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I've only ever lived in apartment buildings.
You get used to annoying neighbours, and learn to ignore them.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I did while going to school.
I never complained about anyone but someone (below me) complained about me going up and down the stairway (outside) with my roller blades on but I found out she was only complaining to get attention; she was old, newly widowed, had a hearing aide and lonely, that's all.

What are the problems you are having with your neighboors?

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Right now, I don't actually have any complaints. I've lived in the same complex for a little over 3 years, in the same apartment. The only issues I've ever had with neighbors was excessive noise above me. Thank goodness, those people have moved out, and the ones that live above me now are quiet.

Some people at GF can even attest to how loud they were, since they heard them on my webcam in the chat room. lol

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I do. It's usually my neighbors who complain about us, haha. When you have three kids, it can't be always peaceful. Just sayin!

Usually apartments have rules and if you think your neighbor could be breaking those, then you report it. If whatever bothers you isn't covered by the rule, then I dunno...deal? hahaha

I've never had any problems with my neighbours. What's the problem with yours?
I left my laundry in the washer too long because I fell asleep and my neighbor left a sort of nasty note and she is old & retired and she has all the leisure time in the world.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I left my laundry in the washer too long because I fell asleep and my neighbor left a sort of nasty note and she is old & retired and she has all the leisure time in the world.
Now I remember I've had a complaint about our neighbors. They keep parking on our parking space. Granted we don't have a car (but our flat mandatorily comes with a double parking space that's strategically located, and that we pay for and cannot rent out), we've left notes to neighbors not to park in there. The basic principle is courtesy and not so much that it inconvenienced us (although a couple of occasions it did when we have our own guests with cars and couldn't even park there).

I guess what I'm saying is, whether your neighbor is old and retired doesn't diminish her complaint of not being able to use the common washer when she could have just because you left your laundry too long. When we live and have to share stuff with others, we have to have more sense of community and courtesy is appreciated. That said, she could have just left you a more diplomatic note instead of a nasty one. :)

See I work a 35,40 or even 45 hour week and 8 to 10 hour shifts so for me leisure time is a luxury and she has all the leisure time in the world she could have just waited besides I have been living in my apartment complex 6 months and I have yet to see anyone use any of the laundry rooms in any of the buildings.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I live in a large townhouse. We have half of the building and then there are neighbors on the other side...

They can be noisy at times, but other times they are pretty cool.