PC Games anyone know some good free mmorpg's

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by musicman96, Feb 20, 2010.

1. musicman96

musicman96 Registered Member

i have recently got into d&d but i cant keep playing coz i dont have the money to buy all the books so i decided to start playing on runescape but it sucks! so anyone know some good free mmorpg's :)

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Allods Online is a free WOW clone. However, before signing up and playing consider what type of person you are in MMORPGs. For casual, time killing types Allods Online will be a great choice. End-game raider? Skip it. You'll have to buy items from the sca... excuse me, cash shop in order to take raid mobs.

Dragonica Online. Anime-like solo friendly game. Much like Allods Online in respects due to being great for casual, raid-free, time killing player, but not a raider. Cash shopping to the max.

Be warned of free MMORPGs, they may seem good at the beginning, but once you move deeper and deeper into the game you realize how bad they truly are. Cash shops destroy free MMORPGs. In fact, in the long run I would say cash shops cost more than pay-to-play MMOs. Spending $100 a month or $15? Eh, guess it's situational and dependent on the person.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Anarchy Online was pretty good when I played it. Try that.
    ------
    As for your D&D comment, all you really need is the Players Handbook. You don't need everything else unless you're either (a) DMing, or (b) trying to create a character that isn't in the PHB.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. Crixus

Crixus Registered Member

Dungeons And Dragons Online has been free to play since 9/9/09. You mentioned D&D, figured this might interest you the most, and I'm quite honestly surprised you never found it on your own. A lot of the content, however, is VIP/P2P, but you can easily earn the points to buy the essential quest packs just by running the free stuff. Ruins Of Gianthold and Veil Of Twilight would be those packs. . Anything else is purely optional, though I would recommend Delera and Ruins Of Threnal, if only for the Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson memorial items.

5. xoxo

xoxo New Member

Runescape doesn't really suck ;p if you're good. Unless you only care about graphics, but anyway uhm some other mmo's i play :
    - FLYFF
    - Perfect world
    - Chinese flyff is better if you can read chinese, they have all the rights lol
    - S4 league is a shooter you can play with others..thought i'd chuck it in cause it's awesome. lol.
    - Ether Saga
    But yeah they're alright. Perfect world is asian. kinda reminds me of wow. x3

6. sirleo09

sirleo09 Registered Member

I've played quite a lot of MMORPG's to be honest, well, the free ones anyway XD. I'm assuming you're looking for a free MMORPG.

1. If you're into anime graphics then you should try Fiesta Online. The graphics are great, the community is amazing, and it's a fun, awesome game overall.

If you don't mind the 2D graphics, MapleStory is a good choice too.

2. If you're into the "medieval/fantasy" type of game:

Perfect World International: This is probably one of the best (graphically speaking) game ever created. You can customize every single bit of your character(s), from eyebrow height to chin sharpness.

Jade Dynasty: For the Asian fanatics. The graphics are great and the gameplay is good too.

Battle of the Immortals: This is my favourite medieval/fantasy game ever. The graphics are great, and you get these uber cool looking armour and weapons at around lvl 10-20. The exp rate is really high. I suggest you do all the quests, as they give you heaps of exp. Generally, this game is really fun to play, graphics are awesome and the music is really cool too.

Runescape: This is strictly a last resort. If you don't mind being teased by your friends, if you don't mind 2.5D graphics, and if you don't mind an abusive community, then this is the game for you. It's a browser game, which means no download, and the graphics are decent. It gets addictive at the beginning, but then you start to get bored of it later.

Anyway, I hope I've helped.

Cheers

Leo

PS: Unfortunately I can't post URL's yet, so i guess you just have to Google them. Sorry for any inconvenience.

7. georgiehadley

georgiehadley New Member

Astonia 3.5 isnt too bad..some items in the game do require a paid membership, but you can buy "tokens" in game rather than using real money. Lots of players are online at times, and its not a bad game, not the best, but one of the best free ones with no restrictions of quests or items i have found

8. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Registered Member

I can't believe no one has mentioned Guild Wars, ok so you have to buy the game but to play online it's free, but i would wait for Guild Wars 2 because that looks Epic.

9. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

WAKFU is now on closed Beta stage, game's radar is giving away keys.

Its a tactical MMO made by Ankama ganes, free to play and its very smooth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  10. Hamster

Hamster New Member

Why dont you torrent it . . . :D
    If you have a PC you can have plenty of free games just torrent download them and enjoy the free stuff .