Anyone know of a site...

Discussion in 'Autos' started by Mr. Mustafa, May 27, 2007.

1. Mr. Mustafa

Mr. Mustafa Terrorist

... where you can describe engine problems, and get a diagnostic and possibly
    a general estimate of the cost of fixing the problem? I ask because my engine is totally fucked and I don't feel like getting ripped off because I didn't know what was wrong...again...

2. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Well how is it behaving?

3. Mr. Mustafa

Mr. Mustafa Terrorist

Horribly. The thing stutters and rattles, it stalls at stop lights (The most embarrasing thing ever) and frequently, when I apply pressure to the accelerator, the car slows down, like it isn't getting any gas at all. It's strange, because it was running fine up until recently, then boom, it all went to shit.

4. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Could be an injector issue. Try running an injector cleaner and also try changing your spark plugs and wires.

5. Mr. Mustafa

Mr. Mustafa Terrorist

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ya I’m going to say the same thing. My last vehicle had issues with the fuel injectors and fuel pump. It was stalling and had the same symptoms you described. I replaced all the spark plugs, wires, fuel pump and fuel injectors, then ran some cleaner thru as the cherry on the cake... it ran like a champ afterwards.

I would also suggest as preventive maintenance in the future to run some injection cleaner thru when you fill up for gas every forth time or so. It’ll really help with buildup. You can get it at Wal-Mart for 2 or 3 bucks

7. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I agree but only if your engine doesn't have alot of miles on it. If you have a high mileage engine I wouldn't run it so much because it can change your clearances.

8. Mr. Mustafa

Mr. Mustafa Terrorist