Anyone into..

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Jabato, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Jabato

Jabato Guest

reflex digital photography?

I'm thinking about buying a brand new reflex digital camera and I'm totally lost.

I was just a couple of clicks away from this Canon Eos 400D beauty:

[​IMG]

But I had it in my hands two hours ago and.....I didn't feel comfortable with it. Too small to handle

So I'm considering to spend a bit more and I found this Canon Eos 30D

[​IMG]

I also had this one in my hands yesterday and it feels great. It is not all plastic as the Eos 400 and I felt I had a "truly" camera in my hands.

And finally, the last one in my search, this Nikon D80:

[​IMG]

All opinions are welcome.
    thanks in advance folks

2. Yukon

Yukon Guest

I was a professional photographer for several years but I hesitate to refer you to a specific camera brand.

3. Jabato

Jabato Guest

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, do it! Do not hesitate, man. I'm lost. And if you used to be a professional, man, I need your opinion.

I'm not a professional, but I'm fed up with my Sony compact digital camera and I want a truly camera.

Canon Eos 400D is not my option anymore. Too much plastic. Too small to handle. A 18/55 is almost larger than the camera itself. I do not want to think about bigger lens, not with this EOS 400.

One of the main features is it's Integrated Cleaning System which you just can't find neither in the EOS30D, nor in the Nikon D80.

I don't know what to do. I'm also considering the Nikon D200

Thanks

4. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I hear good things from my bud at Emerson about Canon, he has one himself and it's pretty nice.

6. Jabato

Jabato Guest

Do you mean the Nikon D200?. Why do you recomend me that one? It is the most expensive one, about 1350 euros, body only

Which one? Canon Eos 400D?

7. Merc

I'm not sure about the models, all I know is he has one and it's nice. But if the first one doesn't feel right to you, try out the other one. Are you able to hold it and get a feel for it? That may be the right way to go.

8. wyldesykosis

wyldesykosis Feral

Hehe! I had no reasoning behind it. It was the loner one...the others were Canon...

9. Merc

10. Jabato

Jabato Guest