• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anyone here have an exotic pet(s)?

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
We have 6 Tarantulas and I've given all of them names.:lol::embarassed:
...Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own pictures of them to share with you, sorry.

Sybil - She's a Chile Rose (as evil as they come!)

Jasper - He's a Mexican True Red Leg (quirky and odd little guy)

Morticia - She's a Versicolor Pinktoe (moves extremely fast and jumps! will bite at anything and everything!)

Bloo - She's a Green Bottle Blue (gentle)

Lottie - She's a P. Metallica (very calm, cool and collected)

Pinky Tuscadero - She's a Salmon Pink (calm, cool and collected)

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I love the names, but spiders? seriously?

I had a Burmese python a long time ago. His name was Winslow.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I love the names, but spiders? seriously?

I had a Burmese python a long time ago. His name was Winslow.
awww, Great name you chose for him!:D
...A friend of mine back home in the US has a Burmese, I think he's had him for at least 10 years now if not longer?

lol, yep! I wanted NOTHING!!! to do with the T's at first...(I had a huge fear of spiders) but after having them for a while they kinda' grew on me.:cute:
...We've got "normal" pets, too, but I just wanted to see if anyone had anything exotic.:)

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I have a 60+ year old Yellow Nape Amazon Parrot...does he count as exotic?
I'd say so! :D
...60+ years old? :-o Did you purchase him as an adult or has he been apart of your family since he was a baby and just passed on from generation to generation?

I have two hooded rats, but I don't know how "exotic" rats are, lol!
I had to google what a Hooded Rat looks like... and christ they look big! Are they friendly?

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"

We used to have a Cornish Rex.
I guess you get used to them, but it's not a cat you'd want to mess with. I honestly think it would damage any dog in a fight. It could get its jaw half way round my wrist. It would leap from the floor to the top of the curtains in one leap. If it was angry, it would have a really deep 'meaw.' When it was nice, it was really really nice. When it was angry, just lock the fucker in a room by itself because it ruled the house!
They are suitable for cat lovers with cat allergies as they don't affect sufferers in the same way as regular cats.
They are nice to touch. They very, very playful, but there were times I thought "You're not playing with me. Are you? You're trying to kill me!" :lol:

Last edited:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member

We used to have a Cornish Rex.
I guess you get used to them, but it's not a cat you'd want to mess with. I honestly think it would damage any dog in a fight. It could get its jaw half way round my wrist. It would leap from the floor to the top of the curtains in one leap. If it was angry, it would have a really deep 'meaw.' When it was nice, it was really really nice. When it was angry, just lock the fucker in a room by itself because it ruled the house!
They are suitable for cat lovers with cat allergies as they don't affect sufferers in the same way as regular cats.
They are nice to touch. They very, very playful, but there were times I thought "You're not playing with me. Are you? You're trying to kill me!" :lol:

omg, It's so friggin' ugly it's cute!:lol:
...Sounds like they've got a bit of personality, attitude and charachter!. . .I like that in any pet!
When the cat is full grown, how much do they weigh? What do they eat? Are they indoor or outdoor cats?

I've got 4 extra large dogs... (cliffs: When I was single, I used to help a couple private rescues rehabilitate the rescues that came in so they could eventually be rehomed), anyway, I became attached to a few of them in the process and ended up with 3 rescues: a Doberman, a Rotweiler and a Newfoundland and 1 purchased Neapolitan Mastiff which is so playful, even as an adult... For instance, I'll be running on my treadmill and he'll lay by the side and bat at my feet while I'm running...(keep in mind he's a little over 225 lbs.), sometimes (if he's really "playful") he'll try and bite at my ankles when I'm running.:shifteyes: So needless to say I have to lock him out of our exersize room when I run.
...Odd thing is he doesn't do this to my OH... Just me.:glare:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
omg, It's so friggin' ugly it's cute!:lol:
...Sounds like they've got a bit of personality, attitude and charachter!. . .I like that in any pet!
When the cat is full grown, how much do they weigh? What do they eat? Are they indoor or outdoor cats?

I've got 4 extra large dogs... (cliffs: When I was single, I used to help a couple private rescues rehabilitate the rescues that came in so they could eventually be rehomed), anyway, I became attached to a few of them in the process and ended up with 3 rescues: a Doberman, a Rotweiler and a Newfoundland and 1 purchased Neapolitan Mastiff which is so playful, even as an adult... For instance, I'll be running on my treadmill and he'll lay by the side and bat at my feet while I'm running...(keep in mind he's a little over 225 lbs.), sometimes (if he's really "playful") he'll try and bite at my ankles when I'm running.:shifteyes: So needless to say I have to lock him out of our exersize room when I run.
...Odd thing is he doesn't do this to my OH... Just me.:glare:
Yeah, the initial reaction from most people to see them in the flesh is 'ewwww, it's creepy' but literally within seconds, you can fall in-love with them.

From this website:
Choosing a Cornish Rex
they summed it perfectly when they said:
"Cornish rex have great personalities to match their special packaging. They have only two speeds – warp drive and out cold. "
It has been many years since I had one, but I honestly don't remember it ever being out cold.
They actually have a sense of humour. They would hide in THE most random and seemingly impossible places, and they'd wait not for you, but for your hand, and when it came, they'd swipe at it... so on that note, they might not be so good if you have a heart condition. :lol:

I don't really know what they weigh, but my cat just ate regular cat foods and teenagers.
I'm not sure if they are 'out-door' cats, but 'I' wouldn't recommend it, as cats are prone to wandering, and Cornish Rex are very expensive, therefore they could be stolen. Of course you can let them out for fresh air under supervision depending on your environment.
You also get Devonshire Rex too. As far as I know.. it's pretty-much the same cat.

You had a mastiff? How many Children did you feed it? I 'KNOW' they are nice dogs, but where I stayed in Edinburgh, they were the weapon of choice for drug dealers and and drug dealers neighbours. In other-words, nearly everyone had them.
You could tell if the corner shops were open or closed, because when they were open, there would almost always be a mastiff tied-up outside.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Yeah, the initial reaction from most people to see them in the flesh is 'ewwww, it's creepy' but literally within seconds, you can fall in-love with them.

From this website:
Choosing a Cornish Rex
they summed it perfectly when they said:
"Cornish rex have great personalities to match their special packaging. They have only two speeds – warp drive and out cold. "
It has been many years since I had one, but I honestly don't remember it ever being out cold.
They actually have a sense of humour. They would hide in THE most random and seemingly impossible places, and they'd wait not for you, but for your hand, and when it came, they'd swipe at it... so on that note, they might not be so good if you have a heart condition. :lol:

I don't really know what they weigh, but my cat just ate regular cat foods and teenagers.
I'm not sure if they are 'out-door' cats, but 'I' wouldn't recommend it, as cats are prone to wandering, and Cornish Rex are very expensive, therefore they could be stolen. Of course you can let them out for fresh air under supervision depending on your environment.
You also get Devonshire Rex too. As far as I know.. it's pretty-much the same cat.

You had a mastiff? How many Children did you feed it? I 'KNOW' they are nice dogs, but where I stayed in Edinburgh, they were the weapon of choice for drug dealers and and drug dealers neighbours. In other-words, nearly everyone had them.
You could tell if the corner shops were open or closed, because when they were open, there would almost always be a mastiff tied-up outside.
Thanks for that link, I'll have a look- I'm curious.:lol:

yep, I've got a Neapolitan Mastiff... he looks like this (not my pic, from google)- his name is Zeus:

I love him to bits but he's a "trouble child" and eats like a horse!, haha, in fact 3 out of 4 of them eat like horses!:-o I know alot of breeds (particularly the ones I have) are "ghetto dogs" and I hate what they are used for but frotunately for my *pups* they're just part of the family- nothing more and nothing less- we love them and they love us.:)
...You see, I grew up with these breeds so I'm quite partial to them even though they are considered "dangerous dog breeds":rolleyes:. The way I see it is, If you know how to handle them, know how to care for them and are vigilant they make extremely wonderful and loving pets.