Anyone Going to the World Cup?

RTWmaniac

Registered Member
I'm trying to get match tickets and get to South Africa for the Cup. However the process of actually buying a ticket is very complicated. Is there anyone on GF that knows anything about this? If so, I'll explain my situation.

Thanks!

FindMuck

Registered Member
I'm probably going to go since I have at least two teams there...but I didn't know you could buy tickets yet...they haven't even made the groups.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Yeah, the ticket sales are not out yet as the groups haven't been made. South Africa is a pretty long trip for me considering where I live, but I have 2 teams to cheer on, so I'll probably go with mates.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Have you tried asking CS from South Africa? I thought they have a group organising just for the WC.

I don't even know if France will qualify! *paces nervously*

2 more days before game 1...

RTWmaniac

Registered Member
The first phase of ticket sales actually went on sale in February. Many of the teams with high demand (e.g. Brazil, England) are sold out until the next phase. Right now, it's in the 2nd phase. The way it works is you just buy tickets for a match that of course will be annonymous until the draw. Or you can buy a "team specific ticket" which enables you to follow your team as far as they go.

Oh and Ysabel, I'm pulling for you. Wouldn't be the same without France there.

Last edited:

FindMuck

Registered Member
Have you tried asking CS from South Africa? I thought they have a group organising just for the WC.

I don't even know if France will qualify! *paces nervously*

2 more days before game 1...
Hey at least they have a good chance! My team is screwed.

France will qualify, but they need a new manager big time, they could be a lot better than they are.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I would love to go to the World Cup, but it's not going to happen next year. Best chance for me to go is next time it's in the US or Europe.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It's wonderful that a few members would make the trip to SA to support their teams.
Hmm, wonder if I'll bump into anyone?

you should host us...buy our game tickets and provide couches for us so we'll just worry about flying there, hahaha

RTWmaniac

Registered Member
Well, I got my tickets so I'm now officially going to South Africa in June!!! I got what FIFA calls a TST-7 ticket for Uruguay. Basically I follow Uruguay until they are eliminated, then I follow whatever team knocks them out. This continues all the way to the final!!

So now, who wants to host me?

And France. I did say I wanted them to qualify. And I love Henry. But wow.