Anyone feel this way?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by pikachu1, Apr 4, 2008.

1. pikachu1

pikachu1 Registered Member

I'm constantly overwhelmed by the depth of the world both on the internet and in real life. I'm just one person in the world out of billions. I know maybe 100 people in real lifeout of everyone in the world. People I see on the street have their own lives, and stories - what have they done to get to the point where they are walking along that street? It's just so overwhelming, also when you consider how far history has come already and what can happen to us.What should I do about this and does anyone also feel this way?

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Yeah, maybe once or twice

3. hoboking

hoboking Registered Member

I deal with it by knowing one thing and one thing only. I don't care particularly much about their lives.

4. juha82

juha82 Registered Member

Well, everyone acts in his own way.
    But i don't like if the person starts too much to praising/lauding to itself.

I think, every human's story is interesting still.
    Every human is worth it a song.
    Usually a good human wants to spread about goodness for us.
    I am not very active to moving on the street as i spend my time more in my home.

5. pikachu1

I've felt this way for the last 3 years. I thought I was the only one. My parents said I was just wierd and wasn't thinking about the future enough. I have a friend that believes though if you can reach a certain level of "insignifigant wierdness" that maybe "fate" or "karma" will intervene to "fix" things. It seems though that lately there has been a kind of "presence" that is trying to get rid of me. So many objects have been "attacking" me lately and I've seen kind of shadows doing things. Maybe my friend is right about a kind of cosmic "force" or maybe I'm just going crazy. If I am going crazy then "oh well" cause I can't afford to see anyone about it.

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Lay off the drugs.

And honestly, I've been working in the medical field for awhile now. I see people get fucked up all the time. I don't care how they got their life to that point, all I really almost care about is how they got into my proximity. Then fix them, or delay death until they get to the hospital.

7. pikachu1

I don't take any drugs. I can barely stand to take Tylenol cause it sometimes makes my headache worse. Also how can you not be interested in other's lives? Don't you ever wonder "What would my life be like if i knew this guy?" or "Is this person over here died would it change my life in anyway?". I wonder about this kind of stuff all the time. Is there a field that I could get inot that deals with this?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  8. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Yeah. Sociology seems to fit the bill.

9. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Honestly, I don't care about most people enough to want to think about if my life involved them or not.

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

You only really have to care about yourself to care about such things, though. Whether we love or despise them, those who we associate with have a profound effect on who we are: from shaping our personalities and thoughts, to opening the door to different opportunities and experiences. We are who we are because of who we know.