• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Anyone Else Here Kind Of A Loner?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Now by loner, I don't mean that you're asocial and hate people, I just mean that you don't necessarily need friends to be happy and you enjoy your share of alone time. I'm going home for a few days next week and I had a friend of mine I haven't seen in months tell me that he wants to get together to "catch up." Personally, I don't really feel like seeing any of my friends while I'm home and would rather just hangout with my family while I tend to other business while I'm in town. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not really. I love my close friends and I enjoy hanging out with them since we always have a great time together. I think being alone is boring.

Now, everyone loves their alone time, and I'm no exception, but I rather hangout with friends instead.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Not really. I love my close friends and I enjoy hanging out with them since we always have a great time together. I think being alone is boring.

Now, everyone loves their alone time, and I'm no exception, but I rather hangout with friends instead.
I think I've just gotten used to being alone at school (I'm not looking for sympathy cause I'm not sad in the least :lol: ), but I've gotten used to having a ton of time by myself. I live by myself and most of my free time is devoted to studying for school and writing papers. I do have friends here who I hang out with on occasion though.

It's funny though, cause I love hanging out with friends when I'm home usually. But this time I kind of don't want to see anyone while I'm home for 4 days :?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Yep, right here.

I’m an introvert, so I don’t constantly need someone around me to validate my existence. I like being alone and that’s just all there is to it. Although, when I say that, most people accuse me of being “anti-social” which I guess could be construed as the truth, but if I don’t go out of my way to talk to you, it’s more likely because I don’t like you and less likely because of my anti-social tendencies.

That being said, I do have close friends and do I keep in touch with them, but I don’t need a side-kick with me 24/7.

EDIT: Also, I feel the need to mention this, but for someone who is anti-social, I tend to make friends extremely quickly.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Anytime i get to hangout with my friends I'll jump all over it...especially as of late as I don't get to see them as often as I want too. I guess growing up with a twin brother makes you want to be around someone pretty much at all times.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Bubbles said:
Yep, right here.

I’m an introvert, so I don’t constantly need someone around me to validate my existence. I like being alone and that’s just all there is to it. Although, when I say that, most people accuse me of being “anti-social” which I guess could be construed as the truth, but if I don’t go out of my way to talk to you, it’s more likely because I don’t like you and less likely because of my anti-social tendencies.

That being said, I do have close friends and do I keep in touch with them, but I don’t need a side-kick with me 24/7.

EDIT: Also, I feel the need to mention this, but for someone who is anti-social, I tend to make friends extremely quickly.
I think you mean asocial cause anti-social means you're like a criminal :lol:

My pet peeve is when people who I haven't spoken to in months will text me and say "you never text me :(" or something like that. I mean, seriously? They can text me too :roll: Personally, I just get so wrapped up in my own life that I don't even notice that I go days and weeks without talking to particular people. I really don't hate people or anything. I just don't have a problem with doing my own thing.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
I do actually prefer to be by myself a lot of the time, since I work in retail I really tire of dealing with people after my shifts. But that doesn't mean I don't like time with friends here and there

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Dickey's Flow said:
Anytime i get to hangout with my friends I'll jump all over it...especially as of late as I don't get to see them as often as I want too. I guess growing up with a twin brother makes you want to be around someone pretty much at all times.
There could be something to that. I have 3 sisters, all of whom are 7 years older than me, so I've sort of been an only child since I was in 6th grade since I didn't have other siblings leaving at home anymore at that age. Plus I also grew up in a small town where there were only about 100 kids in my graduating class. Needless to say, I might handle being alone much differently than someone who grew up in a city and in a big household.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
BJBirdy said:
Nope, I meant anti-social. Maybe asocial is a milder way of saying it, but I prefer anti-social since I hate the anxiety that comes pre-packaged with social situations... well, that and I actually do hate 85% of all people I come in contact with. It's a misconception that anti-social/introverted people have criminal tendencies... all because some 20 years ago, some FBI agents labelled serial killers and mass-murderers with ASPD.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Bubbles said:
BJBirdy said:
Nope, I meant anti-social. Maybe asocial is a milder way of saying it, but I prefer anti-social since I hate the anxiety that comes pre-packaged with social situations... well, that and I actually do hate 85% of all people I come in contact with. It's a misconception that anti-social/introverted people have criminal tendencies... all because some 20 years ago, some FBI agents labelled serial killers and mass-murderers with ASPD.
That could be it. I think asocial is a milder way of saying anti-social.